Faulty NI DAQ?

I'm currently doing my thesis work with a National Instruments USB-6008 DAQ. When I first received it, it performed flawlessly. However, over time (a matter of months, with no out-of-bounds testing) the analog inputs began showing signs of noise, very little but noticeable at first. Now, just yesterday, I'm witnessing an offset (on two of the analog inputs, haven't tested the other two) of about 1.4 V without anything connected to the DAQ aside from my laptop.

Has anyone worked with NI DAQ's, or other DAQ's, and run into this before? Is this something I just need to replace, or is there a solution or calibration I can perform?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Buddy,do one thing self-calibrate it,even if the rpoblem persist then u have to do external calibration which u can avail from the nearest service station!!!...
  • Jeanius
    Jeanius
    Is a calibration possible through NI software? Or is it something I'd have to offset in a LabVIEW VI I write?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    It is thriugh NI s/w,check the manula for trubleshooting

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'm designing a circuit that will take a square wave generated by a microprocessor and feeds it through a bandpass filter to get a sine wave. The application will...
Hi, I'm working on a dust repulsion circuit that requires >3000VAC at about 5Hz. I know that there are florescent light bulb power supplies that go from 12DC to 1kV-->7kV....
please send me some ideas to do a project in ansys software
how does the copy function differ with inheritance?
why is current so small in size?