Faster CrazyEngineers Forum - Yes Or No?

Did not notice that everything on CE is loading faster? If yes, share your feedback with us through this thread. Remember - your feedback is important. Tell us what's loading faster and what's not.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I was so used to old CE.. was using the Old CE since almost last 6 years, with bare minimum changes in look and feel. This time UI has changed and even speed has become faster. Looks like. New migration is doing wonders.

Suggestion: If we got new server everything which can face more load, can we start CE-Infocus bot again??

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @CB: Yep, you've been with CE almost since the start. Yesterday's server tweaks has lead to performance boost and it's quite noticeable this time. The InFocus BOT would only fetch RSS feeds from other sources and post them here on CE. However, we have excellent VoiCE Authors who bring the latest updates from the technology & engineering world as soon as they're out. We directly work with several large corporations who send us their news before it gets released to the bigger world.

We might just start discussion threads for each of the VoiCE article in the InFocus section. It would also help if CEans can actively suggest topics they'd like CE authors to cover through In Focus section ๐Ÿ˜€.

By the way, server load has nothing to do with InFocus. Our current server is larger than it should be. Recent downtimes were not because of the load; but few nasty bugs with the database. We're still finding those bugs and fixing them.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    me too..๐Ÿ˜ก The new layout is very pretty but i have to search various tabs to do desire things. It take some time to addicted this version.๐Ÿ‘
    The_Big_K
    Did not notice that everything on CE is loading faster? If yes, share your feedback with us through this thread. Remember - your feedback is important. Tell us what's loading faster and what's not.
    We are very curious about whats new in this new layout.๐Ÿ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gg_gaurav
    me too..๐Ÿ˜ก The new layout is very pretty but i have to search various tabs to do desire things. It take some time to addicted this version.๐Ÿ‘
    Well, if you spend a minute just looking at the tabs - you'll notice that everything is just where it should ideally be. For example, in earlier version, if you had to update your signature or change your settings; you'd have to click on the 'settings' tab. But then, finding the 'settings' tab was a nightmare. In the new version, your logged in ID has all the settings in one place in a nice overlay. If you're logged in, just move your cursor over your User ID in the menu bar and it will open an overlay with all the links.

Similarly, when you're on the forum tab - you will have all the links that you'd typically want to use viz. 'watched threads' & 'whats new?'. The biggest advantage is in the 'search' feature. We earlier had Google search engine; however it only searched post titles. The new search engine we've in the forum is contextual. If you're browsing a thread; it allows you to search the thread. If you're browsing a forum, it allows you to browse the forum and so on.

Not to mention how cool are our new 'Conversations' and 'Alerts' features. The trophies are cool too; I'm sure everyone will agree.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I love this 'Alerts' features it some what like notification in Facebook๐Ÿ˜€. It is programmed in same language?๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CE Loads fast now. and Pop-up window makes things more faster and easy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE's new platform uses PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3 and some advance AJAX stuff. The new opcode caching mechanism we installed on the server is delivering impressive results.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    I am loving the new features.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    The_Big_K
    CE's new platform uses PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3 and some advance AJAX stuff. The new opcode caching mechanism we installed on the server is delivering impressive results.
    Is this all stuff made by our CE stuff or you get it from somewhere else ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You meant 'staff'? ๐Ÿ˜€ Well, not all of it. It would take years to develop such a site with limited resources. We've added several tweaks to make it work for our site.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    I liked the new layout. Yes! CE is loading faster and the newer features make it more exciting.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shreyas Sule
    I liked the new layout. Yes! CE is loading faster and the newer features make it more exciting.
    ..and it works fine on mobile phones as well; without needing a separate app.
  • lal
    lal
    I agree that it works on Mobile phones, full support on Opera Mobile 11.50 Symbian platform. But it eats a lot of memory, mostly when there are many CE tabs open. Whatever, its super fast loading ๐Ÿ‘
    And I dont know if its just my problem or Opera's problem that i cant post in threads from Opera Mobile. Have reported to 'Opera staff', hope it'll be solved soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    I agree that it works on Mobile phones, full support on Opera Mobile 11.50 Symbian platform. But it eats a lot of memory, mostly when there are many CE tabs open. Whatever, its super fast loading ๐Ÿ‘
    And I dont know if its just my problem or Opera's problem that i cant post in threads from Opera Mobile. Have reported to 'Opera staff', hope it'll be solved soon.
    Well, that I don't know. When I open multiple tabs in Opera on my ipad 2; the experience becomes sluggish. Possibly this is an opera related problem; but someone needs to confirm this.

That said, optimisations are being worked on. We might soon have a sophisticated mobile-optimized version of CE Forums.

PS: It's being developed.
  • lal
    lal
    May be, we'll ask users to comment about their experience on Mobile Devices. Platform, browser and phone model along with CE performance on the device, with tabbed browsing as well.
    A mobile version is always welcome since there are a lot of mobile internet users these days. It will be even faster to load and easy to check the latest updates.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I hardly use multiple TAB in opera. But yeah some alignment issues are still there when surfing from mobile browser.
  • waishou
    waishou
    was using the Old CE since almost last 6 years, with bare minimum changes in look and feel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Unfortunately, it's not your ISP that's doubled your Internet connection speed. If you're wondering why everything's loading faster on CE - then that's because of the recent server tweaks...
At the Le Web conference in Paris, Google's former CEO, Mr. Eric Schmidt said that in the next 6 months time, Android will become a bigger mobile operating system than...
We have several pinion shafts made from 8620, approx 8" long with 1"-2" varying diameters. Parts are case hardened .050" depth, to Rc 62. We are looking to machine through...
Good day everyone, Does anyone know that why the first principle stress and 3rd principle stress are in red colour? is that mean that stress is in critical?
European Union is about to launch a card of the size of driving license to bring everyone on a same platform. The card will be useful in moving abroad in...