Android Will Be Bigger Than iOS - Agree Or Disagree?

At the Le Web conference in Paris, Google's former CEO, Mr. Eric Schmidt said that in the next 6 months time, Android will become a bigger mobile operating system than Apple's iOS. He was answering a questions on why apps are written first for the Apple's iOS and then for Google's Android. He said that the scene is about to change soon and Google has the developer community on their side. He's also placing bet on hardware manufacturers who, Schmidt thinks will make 2012 a Google year.

Do you agree with the argument? Share your views and back them with examples if you can.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ cisco's equipement operating system is as well known as IOS , i was a little baffled when i read the title.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ cisco's equipement operating system is as well known as IOS , i was a little baffled when i read the title.
    Don't know about it. We're only talking about Android & iOS for the common people ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Totally Agree.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Disagree
    Android may be popular since it would be used in all possible phones
    Still I Believe in Apple's ability to innovate would give it an upper hand in terms of technology

P S : Cisco IOS (originally Internetwork Operating System) is the software used on the vast majority of Cisco System Routers
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gandalf
    Disagree
    Android may be popular since it would be used in all possible phones
    Still I Believe in Apple's ability to innovate would give it an upper hand in terms of technology

P S : Cisco IOS (originally Internetwork Operating System) is the software used on the vast majority of Cisco System Routers
    I think because Apple guards iOS development, they've an edge over the innovation that goes into the operating system.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    iOS and Android are equally matched but I think iOS had an edge over android because I, sometimes felt like Android is actually imitating iOS after watching some applications and games in Android based mobiles. In one sentence, Android require a lot more innovation and upgrades to cross iOS (in my opinion). Hence I disagree.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Agree. Because, it has more developers and open source.
    Disagree. Because, iOS has more compatibility and has lot of features, which Android doesn't have! Why doesn't Android based tablets cannot compete with iPad?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Agree. Because, it has more developers and open source.
    Disagree. Because, iOS has more compatibility and has lot of features, which Android doesn't have! Why doesn't Android based tablets cannot compete with iPad?
    Innovation is strictly controlled by innovators t Apple. I totally doubt the ability of a 'group' to innovate.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    I wouldn't doubt limitations of apple group
    since all major mobile application developers are registered with apple @ $99/year and hence are allowed to publish unlimited applications and has a troubleshooting group too to help you out
    The_Big_K
    Innovation is strictly controlled by innovators t Apple. I totally doubt the ability of a 'group' to innovate.
    If they try to copy the stuff from iOS to Android, then Apple surely sues them for Copyright Infringement! ๐Ÿ˜” That's another pathetic issue! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    If they try to copy the stuff from iOS to Android, then Apple surely sues them for Copyright Infringement! ๐Ÿ˜” That's another pathetic issue! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Why should they start copying in first place? Innovation is the key to success in future. I just hope that that Android comes up with something on their own. But everyone will have to agree that they'll have to follow the standards set by Apple engineers.
    The_Big_K
    Why should they start copying in first place? Innovation is the key to success in future. I just hope that that Android comes up with something on their own. But everyone will have to agree that they'll have to follow the standards set by Apple engineers.
    Consider our own Xenforo now... I am not saying Copy, but it is better in the way that it feels like another facebook right? What if, seeing this interaction, facebook can sue these people saying that they copied from them... Something like that I meant... Right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Consider our own Xenforo now... I am not saying Copy, but it is better in the way that it feels like another facebook right? What if, seeing this interaction, facebook can sue these people saying that they copied from them... Something like that I meant... Right?
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Is this another facebook? & Did we copy anything from them?
    The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Is this another facebook? & Did we copy anything from them?
    Hey I said I didn't mean Copy! The interactions are similar. ๐Ÿ˜€ Fully AJAXified layout, comments in the post, wall kind of thingy, etc. Again, am not targeting this board. Just took an example. Don't take it seriously!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Hey I said I didn't mean Copy! The interactions are similar. ๐Ÿ˜€ Fully AJAXified layout, comments in the post, wall kind of thingy, etc. Again, am not targeting this board. Just took an example. Don't take it seriously!
    ๐Ÿ‘ Okay! The thing is; FB copied the features from other networks and popularized them. Creativity lies in hiding your sources, you see ๐Ÿ˜‰. Notifications aren't what FB invented.

But for sure - the interaction is all time high! I've never seen so many CEans actively contributing to the board. Content wise, boards are still my favorite ๐Ÿ˜€
    Okay, lets leave the FB thingy. I just took the example to explain how the features of iOS cannot be copied to Android! ๐Ÿ˜” So, that's where the innovation lacks! Innovative people are born at Apple labs! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's actually the other way round. Apple added a new feature and Steve would call it 'innovation' and the world believed him.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Praveen-Kumar

Ajax was first widely used by google in gmail and other services

and this led to its popularity

Basic AJAX patent for ASP is with microsoft awarded in june 06
    Now another million dollar question: With the absence of Steve Jobs, will the innovation at Apple die?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Now another million dollar question: With the absence of Steve Jobs, will the innovation at Apple die?
    Nope, he's setup a system that will function on its own. Plus Johnathan Ive, the ace designer of all the greatest Apple products is still at Apple.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have several pinion shafts made from 8620, approx 8" long with 1"-2" varying diameters. Parts are case hardened .050" depth, to Rc 62. We are looking to machine through...
Good day everyone, Does anyone know that why the first principle stress and 3rd principle stress are in red colour? is that mean that stress is in critical?
European Union is about to launch a card of the size of driving license to bring everyone on a same platform. The card will be useful in moving abroad in...
Yanko Design's new toothbrush has a camera installed on the other side of the bristles. The toothbrush, called 'Tooth Guardian' is capable of streaming live video of your teeth to...
The most popular IOS photography app is coming soon to Android. Instagram CEO Ken Systrom confirmed the news at the Le Web conference in Paris recently. The company says that...