Engineers Working In Call Center - Waste Of Talent?

First of all; any work is good work. The reasons might vary; but lot of engineers work in call centers helping the callers fix their washing machines. Do you think, an engineer caught up in a BPO job is actually a waste of talent?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    would you call a MBA with engineering bachelors degree a waste of talent?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    yes.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And a Commerce Student who clears Some computer courses exams?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok to be outright , there are many 'engineers' produced who really dont fit the bill of engineering. you get what I say? In such cases, I really dont see it as a waste of talent.
  • adren022
    adren022
    Is a BPO and a call center one and the same? If yes, Then working for a Tech Support department in one of them wouldn't be that boring or a bad job if you love solving peoples problems regarding to information technology or technology itself. That wouldn't be a waste of talent at all.

And as said in the above post people who get forced into a technical/professional courses and can't survive or people who come out of a BE/Btech with zero knowledge of what they studied, Get into a call center industry because they get paid a lot for having no technical knowledge. Some will excel there and some won't. So it's a place for all these people to explore their avenues and capabilities.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    For a BPO, the Engineering qualification is over-qualified for the job. So, they might end up like not actively concentrating on the stuffs.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    To decide this we first need to define the criteria of engineering. We all know, now a days you can become engineer (can get a degree atleast) by passing 8 exams and buying a project, and in fact a lot of people do that. They dont know what engineering actually is, they never felt it. For them, there is no talent to waste, they are just good in the job they are doing. They are happy at call centers coz most of the times its the maximum they can get. But, yeah if someone is a good engineer then he should be doing something productive....😀
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    This scenario often occurs because most of the parents want their children to become engineers and then they must get a job soon after they complete their graduation. Many stuck in this situation and search for any job and finally ends up in a BPO because of his lack abilities while some take it as a safe option until he get a job in software field. However its not a waste of resource because he didn't have any knowledge in his field of interest.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    durga
    Of course, it is not only a waste but a disservice. A loty of tax payers' money goes into subsidising engineering education.
    I believe that an engineer should engineer.
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Govt. should provide some internship modules for engineering students, such programs are carried out in European and American Continents...So that they can obtain practical as well as theoretical expertise..!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to do my final year projects. my project is alternate wind turbine blades in vertical. if any drawbacks in that project. help me sir....
Share your gift ideas for this Christmas - Some from the top of my mind are - Kindle Fire Tshirts or Hoodies with Geeky Quotes Crayola ColorStudio HD Samsung Galaxy...
Disney Official website states that Job Opportunities in their company include professional and managerial roles in: Networking Engineering Development Information Security Account Management Web Analytics Data Warehousing Business Intelligence Program...
Ever thought of doing something after starting the application and forgot it when something new comes? Let me go through a small script, which "speaks" when you start an app,...
i have seen a project topic on net. i.e WHEEL CHAIR CONTROLLED USING TONGUE for paralysed attacked patients.am really interested in doing that.but,i dont have any idea about how to...