Wheel Chair Control Using Tongue

i have seen a project topic on net. i.e WHEEL CHAIR CONTROLLED USING TONGUE for paralysed attacked patients.am really interested in doing that.but,i dont have any idea about how to proceed.can anyone help me????

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Controlling using TONGUE! Seems new for me. I'll try to find how's this possible. Somewhere i read controlling wheel chair is possible using eye movement.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Use a web cam
    Detect the tounge based on fast Haar classifier or Skin segmentation technique
    Segment the tounge part from rest of face
    Use Motion estimation ( Blobs)
    find the direction vector to know the direction is left or right or up or down and using an if loop control the device.
    Wheel chair is nothing but set of servo motors. They can be voltage controlled. You can use either microcontroller or connect the assembly directly to the parallel port of PC

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Stanford University is offering some very good FREE Online Courses commencing from January / February 2012 for Spring 2012. There are many courses under CS, one course each for Civil...
can we make a device that transfer charge from one mobile to another via bluetooth??
give me any project title in electrical department sir with 20000rs.
Here's a series of videos from NAT-GEO explaining the process of building the Dubai Mega Mall. Take a look - It leaves you mesmerized to see the Sheikh of Dubai...
The concept of Real-Time Communication over Packet switched Networks in the Real-Time systems was neatly explained by Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free...