Emergency Patch Released By Ubisoft To Fix Security Hole In Uplay Application

As you might know the Uplay application is a system where the users gain points and rewards for performance which are logged online and it comes bundled with many Ubisoft titles like Assassin's Creed, Call of Juarez: San Francisco, Just Dance 3 and several titles in the Tom Clancy series had a web browser add-on which made the users system vulnerable to outside attackers who could take control of the computer.

Acting swiftly in this matter Ubisoft has released an emergency patch which should be applied without a web browser open as helps it to update the plug-in correctly. Further an updated version of the Uplay installer including the patch can also be downloaded from Uplay.com.

Source: Ubisoft rush to fix security hole exposed by plug-in - BBC News

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to this Gmail blog post, the regular video chat of Gmail is being upgraded to Google+ Hangouts. While the regular video chat made use of peer-to-peer technology, Hangouts are...
have u gone through this...isn't it an innovative towards helping those people who can't move their's limbs???
Hi my name is Mayank gulati and I have completed my graduation from dronacharya college farukhnagar gurgaon in computer science stream in 2011 and i like programming
Hello, I m new to CrazyEngineers can anyone help me in deciding my Final Year's project. I'm thinking of making a project on JAVA. do you have any projects that...
Design and fabrication of a wind turbine or automated umbrella that open wen rain or sun meet it