Embedded-Desktop Integration_VB6.0

Hello Everybody...

I’m trying to develop a standalone application using VB6.0 to test a PCB board using my Desktop. Details of the project are explained below..

Desktop should interface with target PCB through DB9 COMM Port.

PCB has RS485, 2-Wire connection and has a PIC Controller coded for accepting Modbus protocol.

The functionality should be like; the standalone application should send the Protocol data to the PCB through DB9 and Displays the feedback from PCB.

I know that DB9 Port in PC is RS232 Compatible. Do we need a RS232 to 485 Adapter for interfacing?

Is there anybody who worked in this kind of projects?😎

Cheers,
Karthik..

Replies

• Karthik S
    Karthik S
    16 views... But No reply...

Is that the question is silly or Complicated?

Let reply Buddies...
  • Karthik S
    Karthik S
    Oh... Come on..

Anybody over there😒
  • koli
    koli
    arthik,

I think the subject is misleading. I came to this thread thinking it is something to do about PC desktop, or similar issue.

I did a project on interfacing RS232 with several instrumentations when i was in college.

I think you will need a convertor. I see they are available
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I have no clue about RS485, sorry never worked with them.

Goodluck!
  • Karthik S
    Karthik S
    Thanks for your inputs Koli..
    The difference between RS485 and Rs232 is the reference voltage they work with. As you might know, RS232 takes GND as the reference but RS485 works on the potential difference between + and - lines. So that RS485 can travel more distance than RS232... I hope this help you....

Anyway, can anyboby tell me how can we receive data from the DB9.0 using VB6.0? This is like once we write the code "Mscomm1.input" we can read recent data coming in..
    But I'm using a protocol where we need to store 12 byte data with odd parity..

Regards,
    Karthik....

"Rather loose Money than Trust"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends of this community i would like to say hai to u all guys first of all i want to know whether some one is there from sacet trichy...
hi! i m shravya doing b.tech final yr and i m doing a mini project on "ONLINE RESULTS". So i m in search of good points related to advantages of...
Something very interesting for folks at Yahoo! Here: Yahoo! Search BOSS - YDN Historic, huh?
Hello everybody, I m Aditi TE electronics student. I want an different idea of mini project which should contain less than 3 ICs.
I'm Nidhi Verma, IT engineering student from Jaipur. I'm looking for an innovative and creative mini project in C programming language. Can someone tell me a project that is easy...