Email Writing Tip For Freshers : NEVER Send Email Without A Proper Subject

As you enter the professional world, it's essential that you learn a few common sense based professional email writing protocols. I've found out that a LOT of freshers send emails without supply it a subject or a title. I'm aware that you belong to the Facebook Generation where everything is short and fast, but that does not mean you forget the basics!

Here it is:

NEVER SEND / FORWARD an email without a proper subject!

Why is it important?
  • The recipient has NO clue what's the email is about.
  • If the email has important information, it becomes totally difficult to search for it later. For example, if you sent a photo with email; and want to search for it later; there is absolutely NO way you can find that email.
  • It's UNPROFESSIONAL to send emails without subject. Simply called 'SPAM'.
A little control over your laziness will save you and others a lot of time in future.

PS: Emails without subject lines might be acceptable to your Indian colleagues or friends; but trust me; this might turn out to be against you when you are communicating with people who are your clients or your seniors.

*Issued in public interest.

Replies

• Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    wel said sir!!but still i dono whats the meaning of Bcc,cc ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    wel said sir!!but still i dono whats the meaning of Bcc,cc ??
    Not directly related to the topic; but I'll still answer it. You could get the answer by searching on Google though.

CC aka Carbon Copy :

Enter the address of the people who are to be kept informed about the conversation between you and the 'To' recipient. That is, if 'A' wants to send mail to 'B', but it's important that 'C' is to be informed about this conversation; then A will write mail as:

To: B
    CC: C

Note: 'B' will know that 'C' is also receiving email message. B can now choose to 'Reply All' and 'C' will automatically get included in the list of recipients (again in CC).

BCC aka Blind Carbon Copy:

In the situation similar to above, if A wants to keep the recipient 'C' secret from 'B', then instead of 'CC', A should mark the address in BCC. That is:

To: B
    BCC: C

In this case, B will *not* know that 'C' is also receiving the email. If B "reply all", then C will NOT get included in the message. It's common to use BCC to keep everyone receiving replies if the receiver chooses 'Reply All' .

I hope this clears it for you. If you have more questions, create a new discussion.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    no need sir!! clear sir😀 thanks for your response sir!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The next in the line of our popular weekend debate is scheduled on Sunday - July 06, 2014 at 7:00 PM (IST). The debate is open to all the CEans!...
I stumbled across the work of Marcello Barenghi. Just take a look at how he makes pictures come to life! Mind = blown!
Taking cue from nature for your next robotics project might be the most sane thing to do. As engineers and researchers from across the globe are developing interesting robots that...
A team from University of Washington researchers, led by Maya Cakmak and Rajesh P. N. Rao, has developed a new way of Goal-based Imitation Learning. The computer scientists have shown...
Barring a few exceptions, Samsung has been notorious for selling devices that offer sub-par performance in the high-end tablet market. But this time, Samsung has really outdone its previous releases...