electrostatic chalk duster

I would like to build a chalk duster that can attract the dust produced by a statically charged brush and store it in the body. I would like to know what materials can I use to make the brush and how to retain charge on it using AA batteries or capacitors. Please attach a mechanism for maintaining charge on the material if u have. Thank You

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Such gadgets work on flowing air. They do not attract dust from a distance.
  • Pranav .M. bharadwaj
    Pranav .M. bharadwaj
    A.V.Ramani
    Such gadgets work on flowing air. They do not attract dust from a distance.
    sir i don't want them to attract the dust from a distance .. i want them to ensure that when i rub the board chalk dust is attracted and stored within it thus not producing any flying dust .. i want suggestions on the materials to use and the method to induce charge on them with batteries
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PRIYADHARSHINI ARIVALAHAN
    PRIYADHARSHINI ARIVALAHAN
    hi... I too wanted to build a similar device few months ago. But, I never took efforts. Good to know that someone is having similar ideas.
  • Pranav .M. bharadwaj
    Pranav .M. bharadwaj
    my thanks for the suggestions ... is the static electricity generator harmful in any way ?? any specific cautions that i'm supposed to take before using said device ??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You can get a tingle or a jolt depending on the voltage and quantity of charge.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I've been a lurker on these boards for a while now, but finally bit the bullet and signed up an account. The reason being, is I have something...
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei is back again with its latest Nova 2 and Nova 2 Plus. With the special launch of this duo, Huawei puts another effort in its...
Samsung Mobiles has recently unveiled the all new Samsung Galaxy Feel smartphone in Japan. The device has been listed on the NTT docomo’s website and will be available for sale...
I was looking for a budget friendly 4G VoLTE phone and it looks like there's a flood of all the phones. I tried booking Redmi 4 and 4A, but the...
Not a day has passed since the dual-camera equipped phone Huawei Nova and Huawei Nova 2 had been stealing the time of Chinese shutterbugs and reporters, but today it's a...