Doubt on altering a car

Hey Guys, Can we replace the tyre of a car with some other tyre (with different thickness)...? I love the body design of Suzuki Swift. But i want the tyre thickness to be increased. can it be done? Waiting for ur reply's 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As far as 'can' is concerned, it should be possible. But from my common sense based guess; I think it will affect the overall performance of the car.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    As far as 'can' is concerned, it should be possible. But from my common sense based guess; I think it will affect the overall performance of the car.
    What is your logic? Unable to get it.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I think it can be done. Thicker tires may be harder to turn while parking and while driving at low speed because you would have more surface contact and therefore more traction. Also, i am not sure of how thick you are thinking of going but be careful because with thicker tires you run the risk if touching your fender or front bumper when you lock or turn. This is why cars designed to take broader tyres usually come with a body kit that flares the fenders and bumbers.
    Advantages of wider tyres are better traction and better performance on wet road. You will have to get rims to match the thickness though 😎
  • ironman
    ironman
    Also you would be shelling out more for petrol. This is because the car has to produce more power to overcome the tyre-road friction due to the increased surface area.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to pursue this as my final year project (Kindly find the attachment). I need some ideas on how i can implement this in ASP.Net? Where should i start...
i want to do a PLC based project in my major plz help me out
myself D.kalpana shree pursuing my b.e. degree in s.a.engineering college. My aim is to get placed in an reputed organisation and work on innovative and creative projects. my hobbies are...
this is Ishwariya of eee depatment ... my hobbies are gardening and pencil sketching....i knew crazy engineers through my friend aarthi
Okay so this program was asked from me in an interview and in spite of answering all the previous questions I couldn't clear it because I could not write this...