@shravani ojha • 16 Mar, 2012
i want to do a PLC based project in my major plz help me out
@Kaustubh Katdare • 16 Mar, 2012 Welcome to CE. Could you tell us what your project is and what problems you are facing so that engineers here can help you out?
@Shreyas Sule • 26 Mar, 2012 I had done a PLC based project in final year. Interested to know more about your ideas.
@Harshad Italiya • 26 Mar, 2012
Shreyas Sule
I had done a PLC based project in final year. Interested to know more about your ideas.
Can you please share your project title it may inspire some more addition in project and it may become a new project.
@Shreyas Sule • 28 Mar, 2012 • 1 like Titled "PLC controlled cooling of metal billet", the project consisted of controlling the amount of water required to cool a heated metal billet. The amount of water required for cooling varied directly as the temperature.
The model was in fact a demo version of an actual sub-process, solventizing of soyabean flakes, in Soyabean Oil Extraction process. Oil is extracted from the crushed soyabeans by spraying of hexane on the non uniform crushed soyabean flakes. The amount of hexane sprayed is not dependent on the mass of flakes. As a result, a large quantity of hexane is wasted.
So the PLC was introduced to increase the cost efficiency of the process. By using load cells and RTDs we can control the amount of hexane sprayed on the soyabean flakes. PLC was used to control the operation of the solenoid valves to spray hexane (water) on soyabean flakes (heated metal billet). PLC used was Delta DVP-EX. Both analog and digital inputs were used. Programming was done in ladder mode (simplest 😀 ).
@bhaveshri patil • 13 Jul, 2017
Shreyas Sule
Titled "PLC controlled cooling of metal billet", the project consisted of controlling the amount of water required to cool a heated metal billet. The amount of water required for cooling varied directly as the temperature.
The model was in fact a demo version of an actual sub-process, solventizing of soyabean flakes, in Soyabean Oil Extraction process. Oil is extracted from the crushed soyabeans by spraying of hexane on the non uniform crushed soyabean flakes. The amount of hexane sprayed is not dependent on the mass of flakes. As a result, a large quantity of hexane is wasted.
So the PLC was introduced to increase the cost efficiency of the process. By using load cells and RTDs we can control the amount of hexane sprayed on the soyabean flakes. PLC was used to control the operation of the solenoid valves to spray hexane (water) on soyabean flakes (heated metal billet). PLC used was Delta DVP-EX. Both analog and digital inputs were used. Programming was done in ladder mode (simplest 😀 ).

Can u plz mail me ur project details. I wan to work on this project for my final yr project. My mail id- bhaveshripatil@gmail.com
Thankyou

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...