CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@gopaldeshpande • 11 Jun, 2012
what is the difference between bearing capacity, safe bearing capacity and ultimate bearing capacity of soil?
@Mohamed Amir • 04 Nov, 2012 bearing capacity is the capacity of any soil to bear loads from any structure
safe: the capacity to be safe
ultimate: the capacity multiply by the ultimate factor depending on code(in Egypt is 1.5)
@Muhammad Javed • 11 Nov, 2012
Mohamed Amir
bearing capacity is the capacity of any soil to bear loads from any structure
safe: the capacity to be safe
ultimate: the capacity multiply by the ultimate factor depending on code(in Egypt is 1.5)
Bearing capacity: It is the load supported by power of soil.
Safe:It is the maximum pressure which a soil can carry without risk of failure.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 12 Nov, 2012 Ultimate Bearing capacity allows rupture in soil to a permissible extent
Safe with out out any possible damage to the soil
@anuraadha • 04 Dec, 2012
gopaldeshpande
what is the difference between bearing capacity, safe bearing capacity and ultimate bearing capacity of soil?
Bearing capacity of soil is the maximum average contact pressure between the foundation of a structure and the soil that does not shear failure in the soil.
Ultimate bearing capacity is the theoretical maximum pressure that can be supported without failure.
Allowable bearing capacity is the ultimate bearing capacity divided by a factor of safety.
3.6k views

Related Posts

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Sep 8, 2015

All you BSNL Landline Broadband owners must be excited to hear the news from the telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on how BSNL has redefined broadband in India by offering...
4.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 14, 2014

Sony India has today expanded its range of audio devices in India by launching two new headphones and earphones. Sony's headphones have been quite the popular choice for the young...
11.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 27, 2016

I'm looking for an excel formula that will help me create abbreviations using the first letters of the text in columns - TEXT ------------------------- ---+------ABBREVIATION Stanford School of Engineering |...
3.5k views

@ShrinkDWorld · Aug 10, 2011

The tool is wedge shape object of hard material. It is usually made from H.S.S. Beside H.S.S. machine tool is also made from High Carbon Steel, Satellite, Ceramics, Diamond, Abrasive,...
87.4k views

@dayaa · Aug 19, 2013

I am pursuing my engineering degree under Vishveswarayya technological university(VTU). so please suggest me some effective books in NETWORK ANALYSIS.
5.3k views