DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AVERGE AND STANDARD DEVIATION

Can any one clearly clarify the Difference between averge and standard deviation for better easy understanding?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Is this not very basic maths? Average and mean are the same.
    This site gives basic, easy to understand, explanation for common statistical functions:
    Statistics: Definition of Mean
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    you measures the length of a thread with the help of a ruler in variable atmosphere (temp. changing continuously) one time you get 30cm, you again measures and get 29.8cm, and again measured gives 29.9cm sum them all divide by 3 which give 29.9cm. now you are tell that the standard length of this thread is 30cm.
    you take the average of your readings which is 29.9cm. so average deviation is 0.1cm. now you measure the length of thread in standard condition according to situation let it be 31.1cm now the deviation of 0.1cm is standard deviation .....hope you understand
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ammar Aziz
    now you measure the length of thread in standard condition according to situation let it be 31.1cm now the deviation of 0.1cm is standard deviation .....hope you understand
    You better review this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    bioramani
    You better review this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks Sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:C.PRAVEENJOY *Engineering Trade:IT Location😛OOTHURAI,K.K.DIST,TAMILNADU. *Occupation: (Student) Work Experience: (I AM 3rd YEAR STUDENT) *Hobbies & Interests:walking with alone&sports *Aim in life: (b.tech is my career but i want to do...
Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in Biotech and currently working for a IT industry which I am not liking at all. But getting into an core company has become...
has anyone tried it?? i have installed Open DNS on beklin router and its so far so good. Did anyone who are using it have faced any issues?
I would like to do research in energy field, anyone know what is the procedure for doing research abroad ?
hello frnds.. i need your help.. i am in 7th sem and have to make project in .net technology.. i dont knw anything abt projects and definations?? pls help me!!