Help: Job or Higher studies.

Hi,

I have completed my B.Tech in Biotech and currently working for a IT industry which I am not liking at all. But getting into an core company has become almost impossible without experience with my scores (70%). I need a strong referrence within the company I apply to get into.
I tried for higher studies and atlast got a University in Germany to do Masters in subject of Interest Process Engineering.
But now I have got a interview in the month of Nov for a big Chemical Industry which I would surely crack it as I got right reference too and they will take me during Jan 2013. Which I am interested to work for.

But I have to join my Master Course which starts on Oct 15.
I am really confused which one to take now. One thing came in my mind is Will I get a job after my Master in the field I studied.

Please Advice.

Thanks,
SSManian

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. First of all, thanks a lot for clearly defining your question. It makes it easier for the rest of us to offer better responses 😀

Congratulations on getting selected in German University. If other factors don't matter, opting for higher studies looks better option to me; because that is guaranteed. Betting on the job offer that you don't have in your hand is a risky affair.

I think the dilemma is because there is a chance that the recruitment with the company may not go in your favor.

If you have the reference, can you do something to adjust the interview date?
  • ssmanian
    ssmanian
    Thanks a lot for your swift reply.
    But the problem is Interview date cannot be changed as the requirement is like that.
    Moreover the interview is for Shell East Asia Ltd. But the referee told 90% Job is confirm if I attend the interview. I am also not sure whether I will get a job after my Master's as a fresher. So these kind of things have put me into a dilema state. I also have to start with my VISA process as soon as possible.
    Please Advice 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

has anyone tried it?? i have installed Open DNS on beklin router and its so far so good. Did anyone who are using it have faced any issues?
I would like to do research in energy field, anyone know what is the procedure for doing research abroad ?
hello frnds.. i need your help.. i am in 7th sem and have to make project in .net technology.. i dont knw anything abt projects and definations?? pls help me!!
I have a link to a WebEx recording. When I click on the link, the 'Network Recording Player' window opens and starts buffering the video. It takes around 7-9 minutes...
​ Like Dislike​ how it will link on database i want jst like fb buttons(when...