CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Whats In Name

MemberMay 1, 2011

Hello,
    I hope this wiki link will help you:

<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages_by_category" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">List Of Programming Languages By Category</a>
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • lovejeet

MemberMay 1, 2011

any easier link?????? lol
    Cancel
  • Whats In Name

MemberMay 1, 2011

If you want classification for certain languages,then you can tell me the languages.
    Cancel
  • lovejeet

MemberMay 1, 2011

ok, then all the general languages such as c, c++, java, python, html, .net, asp, php, cobol, basic etc.... and the major differences between them.........
    Cancel
  • Whats In Name

MemberMay 4, 2011

Major Differences between C and C++:
    -C is a procedural programming language,c++ is an object oriented programming
    language.
    -C uses the top-down approach while C++ uses the bottom-up approach.
    -C is function-driven while C++ is object-driven.
    -C++ supports function overloading while C does not.
    Cancel
  • lovejeet

MemberMay 4, 2011

please explain the 2nd point- c uses the top-down approach while c++ uses the bottom- up approach....
    Cancel
  • anirow

MemberMay 4, 2011

Broadest difference that I could find was,

html is a formatting language not a programming language, php, asp are the server side scripting language or back end languages and rest are the normal programming languages.
    Cancel
  • Whats In Name

MemberMay 4, 2011

lovejeet
    please explain the 2nd point- c uses the top-down approach while c++ uses the bottom- up approach....
    C++ follows OOP technique,i.e.,we first design base elements(classes and other small components) and then they are linked together for the final code.

C follows procedural programming technique,i.e.,the code is formulated step by step,each step is processed into detail,we make main function,then design inner modules and then divide them into smaller modules and so on.
    Cancel
  • lovejeet

MemberMay 5, 2011

thanks for the nice reply................. and what about the other languages such as asp, .net, php.........
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberMay 5, 2011

ASP & ASP.NET
    - ASP is not OO but ASP.NET uses OOPS.
    - ASP (JScript & VBScript) and ASP.NET (VB.NET & C#.NET).
    - ASP needs no reqs. ASP.NET reqs .NET framework.

ASP (both) & PHP
    - PHP is Open Source. ASP.NET is Closed Source and commercial.
    - PHP runs on any server (Apache, IIS) and any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) but ASP runs only on Windows IIS. Ports may be there.
    - PHP is light weight and doesn't use much system resources, ASP.NET is very heavy and requires a good processing capacity.
    - PHP loads faster than ASP or ASP.NET. (Speed is a crucial factor in WebSites).
    Cancel

MemberMay 5, 2011

Check this out for in-depth comparison about these three...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • anirow

MemberMay 8, 2011

asp i think was a procedural scripting language, which also permitted OOPS( not so sure). dot net is very strong in OOPs. php is not that strong in OOPs.
    Cancel

MemberMay 8, 2011

anirow
    asp i think was a procedural scripting language, which also permitted OOPS( not so sure). dot net is very strong in OOPs. php is not that strong in OOPs.
    ASP doesn't have OOPS Support! 😔
    Cancel
  • anirow

MemberMay 9, 2011

thanks praveenscience for confirming what i doubted.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel

MemberMay 9, 2011

anirow
    thanks praveenscience for confirming what i doubted.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    But PHP is good in OOPs... 😀
    Cancel
  • anirow

MemberMay 12, 2011

Yeah php is better in OOPs as compared to ASP but i think it is far behind asp.net and Java, don't you think so?
    Cancel

MemberMay 12, 2011

Dude, ASP.NET is a creation for OOPs only. And Java, the father of OOPs... How can you compare them with PHP? PHP is still a kid or intermediate in OOPs...
    Cancel
  • anirow

MemberMay 12, 2011

Intermediate is the right word as far OOPs in PHP is concerned. I was not being iconoclast when i compared it with JAVA,I was just responding to your assertion that php is good in OOPS. And JAVA is not 'father' or 'mother' of OOPs. Though it would be correct to call it one of the complete OOPs programming language
    Cancel

MemberMay 12, 2011

anirow
    Intermediate is the right word as far OOPs in PHP is concerned. I was not being iconoclast when i compared it with JAVA,I was just responding to your assertion that php is good in OOPS. And JAVA is not 'father' or 'mother' of OOPs. Though it would be correct to call it one of the complete OOPs programming language
    Rightly said. But first of all, PHP is not an OOPs language, yet it supports it. The main use is for simple server side scripting...
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register