Difference Between 780p and 1080p - Both are HD?

Many of us still wonder about the difference between the two high definition broadcast standards - 780 pixels and 1080 pixels.

Can anyone here explain it in simple terms?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    1080p = 1920 × 1080 prograssive scan.
    1080p format means , there is 1080 numbers of pixals in vertical line. simplay know as True full HD.
    here P means prograssive scan which contains both odd and even fields(lines/pixals).
    same as 780p.
    HD is 720p.(1280x720) see here: What’s the difference between 780p and 1080p HDTV? | HowStuffWorks

prograssive scan : To compress video they take two consicutive frames and only take odd fields in one frame and even field in second frame now when they overlapped you will not see any motion artifact but in high speed you will see picture is getting pixalate. This is called as 1080i, i for Interlaced.
    1080p means more data, more clarity and more bandwidth consumption.😀
    [​IMG]
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A program p calls two subprogram p1 and p2.p1 can fails 50% times and p2 can fails 40% times .then p can fail a)50% b)60% c)10% d)70%
I have a project on PIC16F876A micro controller, I have the complete coding in .txt and .c files and I want the .hex file for it. I have tried MPLab...
News has it that Facebook is testing a new feature called Highlight that allows users to pay some fee like $2 to promote their posts, making them more prominent in...
Name: Engr Jidiq Bhai *Engineering Trade: Electrical / Telecom Location: Pakistan *Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A *Hobbies & Interests: Net Surfing, Chatting, Playing games *Aim in life: N/A *I joined...
SHIRI are the humanoid buttocks that represent emotions with visual and tactual transformation of the muscles. In this project, an attempt is made to approach the creation of sensitive and...