Facebook HighLight Feature - Pay $2 for publicity of your post: Will it work?

News has it that Facebook is testing a new feature called Highlight that allows users to pay some fee like $2 to promote their posts, making them more prominent in others’ news feeds.

Here's it what it looks like to pay for an important post :
facebook-highlight-feature

Right now, only those who are in the test group will be able to see this feature. On posting a status update, the "Highlight" option will appear next to the Like and comment buttons.

I am surprised, because majority of users still use Facebook primarily to put status updates about what they ate and where they are going. And if some company IS indeed promoting their products through Facebook, they already have Facebook ads at their disposal.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Replies

• engg.ashish
    engg.ashish
    shocked by this
    means now facebook comes to the very professional n business level where money is everything
    now on we will be getting highlight posts on top and our frnds or family post below it so sad to hear it
  • VeluKar
    VeluKar
    Ooopps.... seems the business end of the Social Network has kicked in now....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea isn't bad, but it'd get irritating when the promoted posts get into your friend's news feeds.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Engr Jidiq Bhai *Engineering Trade: Electrical / Telecom Location: Pakistan *Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A *Hobbies & Interests: Net Surfing, Chatting, Playing games *Aim in life: N/A *I joined...
SHIRI are the humanoid buttocks that represent emotions with visual and tactual transformation of the muscles. In this project, an attempt is made to approach the creation of sensitive and...
Guess what is the next term in the following series : 66, 36 ,18 ,?
Hi Guys, I have recently brought a Tata Nano, it is quite a good vehicle but but it has very less torque. Is there a way to increase the torque...
Problem Statement Ms. Anna is very naughty in her classes and due to this her teacher has given her a punishment. Her teacher asked her to create a program for...