Developing An Ultra Low Cost Computer For Students

In my opinion, most of the operating systems available in the market (the Open Sourced ones are included) offer MUCH MORE than what a student needs. Considering the needs of a typical student which may include but not limited to -

1. Internet Access (Basic Browser)
2. At least 5-6" screen
3. USB Port
4. Inbuilt speaker or headphone jack
5. A browser based OS (like ChromeOS)
(add more if you want)

That's it.

What would be the cost of such a computer?

Of course it would be similar to a tablet. I think touchscreens are staying for another 5 years at least.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, I just attended a webseminar regarding leasing ,which it comes in the Banking and Financial domain ,though we guys generally not from the finance background but we need...
As a part of our recruitment process, we ask applicants to 'Impress us with a short article'. This is what we get - 1. i dont know how to write...
I've had this idea months ago but never really wondered how should we go about implementing it. The idea I've is to select one representative from each engineering college as...
Hi all, I thought I'd just post another connect question.. I had requests for the same.. so.. Here we go.. Check out these older questions, if you are interested.. Question...
Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me on the specs for a small scissor lift i only need it to be about 3.5 feet long by 2.5...