Selecting CE College Representatives

I've had this idea months ago but never really wondered how should we go about implementing it. The idea I've is to select one representative from each engineering college as 'CE Ambassador' (Or some other, better name).

The college representative will be specially recognized on CE Forums and they'll get CE Goodies (T-Shirts, Caps, Certificate Of Appreciation et. al) for keeping us updated about the latest activities from their college.

These college representatives will be elected on per year basis and at the end of every season, the best one will be selected among all the representatives.

This idea, however is not easy to implement. I need your inputs on -

1. Whether this idea makes sense.
2. Will it benefit CE and students?
3. What goodies can we offer to the representatives?
4. How should we select the representatives
...and so on.

I look forward to your comments.

Replies

• Yamini L
    Yamini L
    This is a pretty good initiative biggie. Though the idea is old, the way we implement is very important. In fact, i was wondering why you didn't come up with this idea long back?
    This for sure would help the students in many aspects and in turn would also bring more number of active contributors to CE.

Regarding representative selection, i think you can just first get the list of all those who are wanting to represent CE. If you think you want to test them on some areas you can. They should take up the responsibility and they can conduct some events on behalf of CE. They can also spread the word in the events happening out at their college.

Way to go..So, we can just try and see the response we get through this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I need help on setting up agenda and responsibilities for all the representatives. All I have so far is just a raw idea that needs to be explored.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Thats a great idea biggie. It can be helpful to connect a lot more engineers to CE. Campuses are the best places to find future engineers. You can select the representatives on the basis of their year, for example 3rd year or final year students have the best knowledge about their campus. Students can get benefited as a CE representative can organize a periodic meet for all the CE users, who belong to his campus, to discuss about some engineer topics, that could be later put on CE. You can also make a special sub forum for that. As in the responsibility as you said he/she will be responsible to update his college activities regularly or he will try to advertise CE as a source of knowledge in his college. The best one can be selected on the basis of his participation.

I think this idea can evolve a lot....๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    1. Whether this idea makes sense.---> Yes why not.
    2. Will it benefit CE and students?----> Yes by this we can get more number of Members on CE and for students CE will be HUB for the technical discussion and Innovative idea sharing.
    3. What goodies can we offer to the representatives?---> CAP or TEE with CE logo.
    4. How should we select the representatives---> Here is my Suggestion.

We have to select representative if he/she invites at-least 4-5 students ans make them active on CE. or If he/she is ready to provide the technical news,tech-fest news in their college to CE and also take an active part to present CE-Banner at those events.

Is it OK?

PS:- I missed this chance to be CE-Representative in my college. ๐Ÿ˜” for those Guys who are in college, Don't Miss this chance.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I think in addition and maybe more importantly the individuals should actively advertise and update their college about CE and share their experiences with the group.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Everyone's suggestions are to be noted. They are superb.

I think it's time we select the volunteers. Once we begin the promotion process, more ideas will eventually float up from our young fresh minds ๐Ÿ˜

PS: This is the right time to choose the representatives because it's the college fest/event time and every engineering student is volunteering in some or the other activity. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    nicepeeyush
    Thats a great idea biggie. It can be helpful to connect a lot more engineers to CE. Campuses are the best places to find future engineers. You can select the representatives on the basis of their year, for example 3rd year or final year students have the best knowledge about their campus. Students can get benefited as a CE representative can organize a periodic meet for all the CE users, who belong to his campus, to discuss about some engineer topics, that could be later put on CE. You can also make a special sub forum for that. As in the responsibility as you said he/she will be responsible to update his college activities regularly or he will try to advertise CE as a source of knowledge in his college. The best one can be selected on the basis of his participation.

I think this idea can evolve a lot....๐Ÿ˜€
    3 rd year students are better that 4th because they have plenty of time to dedicate
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    usually there are people called class representatives they can be helpful and people with leader ship qualities are to be selected rather that selecting a person with excellent acdemic recod
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks for bumping this thread vinod.

Any takers here?
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i would take the responsbility of representing ce in my college
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Why did this idea die down? An opportunity to work in a start-up lost!
    Is it still open? If yes, how many people are ready to implement CE collegiate clubs?
  • avii
    avii
    ^me ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I thought I'd just post another connect question.. I had requests for the same.. so.. Here we go.. Check out these older questions, if you are interested.. Question...
Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me on the specs for a small scissor lift i only need it to be about 3.5 feet long by 2.5...
I am sorry everone as i didnt introduce myself earlier and posted so many comments as i was not concern about the term and condition of CEans.I ll be careful...
Can someone please assist me in aeromodelling..... i have some queries .... i need to participate in a competition..........
ellow CEns... Mahself Addy...from Indore...n M a 3rd yr crazy Mechanical Engineer...m Too much inspired by this site n finally got chance to join...hope m njoyin with u all...thankx yz..๐Ÿ˜