Customer? or Shop Timings?

Hay CEans recently it happened to go to mysore.

There is RELIANCE mart inside the bus stand itself.

It happened to visit by 9.15pm, in the entrance while handing over my bag, i was instructed to leave by 10 since they close the shop by that time.

Note: Instructed & not requested

Around 9.45 they started announcing ' We request the customers to pay the bill & leave. Thanks for shopping at reliance mart'

I came out.

I saw a lady trying to get in by 9.50 pm, but the security refused to allow her claiming that they are going to switch off lights & close the shop.

The requested that she needs to buy just one item & its very urgent.

But the security guy DID NOT allow.

What do you think about this incident? ?
Comments please....

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    It was fair enough on the part of the security, because after all he was doing his duty.

As for the so-called strict rule of closing down the shop before 10 p.m too is justified, because decorum has to be followed everywhere.

one may think that by doing this, "customer service" was being compromised, but it really isn't so because after all 10. pm in night is a late hour and the mart employees to need to go home.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd say it's fair. The security's doing their job and unless it was a life saving medicine the woman was trying to buy - I'd stand by the security man.

I faced even worse situation in Pune - the shopkeeper simply refused to allow me to enter the shop while he sat on his chair with a toothpick in his mouth. Then I heard from friends it's common in Pune to get insulted from shopkeepers. 😨
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I faced even worse situation in Pune - the shopkeeper simply refused to allow me to enter the shop while he sat on his chair with a toothpick in his mouth. Then I heard from friends it's common in Pune to get insulted from shopkeepers. 😨
    then at that rate how do the Pune shopkeepers expect their business to flourish. ?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    zaveri
    then at that rate how do the Pune shopkeepers expect their business to flourish. ?
    Shop timings are followed strictly across the world (in US and Europe for sure) and there biz is flourishing. Why should Pune be an exception?
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Well, in a different perspective, people teach to go an extra mile to delight the customer in the best B-Schools.... Why don't the shop closing delayed by 5 to 10 mins to delight the customer?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Well, in a different perspective, people teach to go an extra mile to delight the customer in the best B-Schools.... Why don't the shop closing delayed by 5 to 10 mins to delight the customer?

You have to remember that sometimes what we learn in B-schools, is just theory and not practicable in real life.

If you spend 5 minutes more to satisfy that late-coming customer, then a second one will turn up by the time you have dispatched the first one, and at that rate you will never go home.
  • lal
    lal
    N.Gowtham Raj
    May be because the lady was there to buy just one item 😁 and so the staff was little delighted.
    If she was there to spend a very huge amount on one very costly something, they might have let it happen. They would probably go five extra miles instead of just one! 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA has invested its efforts into building an infrared sensor that could track and detect future occurrences of asteroid and comets in deep space. The probable device whose core instrument...
One of my relative having offer from Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology, Bangalore. If anyone know how is this college provide some review about this college.
I have done my BE EEE. and now i got job as graduate engineer trainee. and work will be related to coal handling section of thermal power plant(coal conveyor). and...
Hey! Is there any sensor which sense pressure??
The front side of a vehicle is shaped so that it reduces air friction. Thats why vehicles have inclined bonnet. All most all cars are so. But, why aren't any...