Crazy Engineers Online World Record Feat Ideas

Calling for ideas and suggestions on how can CEans create some sort of a world record online.

We can start working on it immediately and try to complete it before we touch the 1,00,000 CEans mark, so that we have more than 1 thing to celebrate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looking forward to hundreds of ideas. ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @our longest thread post needs how many more counts?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Don't know the exact number, but other forums have a very big number. And come to think of it, its an old idea now. It also generates lots of spam messages.

I want all engineers to scratch their heads for better ideas that are fun as well arousing interest among CEans.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Don't that how many users are there in one conference for record but we can try this every cean download the Skype and we will make conference which has highest number of members. ๐Ÿ˜
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am confused about what your asking
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    hey, why not create a longest questionaire, have a documentary making competition, or something like that?????
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    A longest FAQ Thread??? Or Puzzles Thread?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The longest threads aren't a good concept. Think something more innovative. The long thread will need at least 100,000 more posts and at least 1000 daily posts to be in the 'longest thread game'. That thread is loading our servers like anything and stands a chance for closure.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The idea is good. We all need to think something about it. I will post something this afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We can think of something not related to the Forum. I mean, CEans can do some kind of feat anywhere online. It just has to be related to CrazyEngineers and something that can be treated as a world record.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    How about posting some self made jokes or poems? Hundereds and thousands of people can post them making it a world record. ๐Ÿ˜€
    That's similar to posting puzzles!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    ishutopre => many people (like me) just copy or pest content so it is hard to find is it really self made!!
    Re: Crazy Engineers Online World Record Feat Ideas.

Oki we will make to our best knowledge and post... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    ishutopre => many people (like me) just copy or pest content so it is hard to find is it really self made!!
    We can make sure that the posts are true to their posters knowledge... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK people let us make it simple. I was thinking about Teachers.

We tend to forget them. In our education and everything, they are always behind us. Whatever we are we are because of them. Now many will argue that "Our teacher do not teach properly". However more important thing is that at least while talking to them, we get some exceptionally good ideas.

So let us dedicate a thread describing the teacher whom you really liked.

Let us say 5000 people from 95000 people writing about their teachers still we can make it a world record.

As AKD suggests it will also be slightly different from regular engineering. ๐Ÿ˜€

What say people? ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
    Wow!!! Agreed with you Ishu!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ So, each of us, will give a small talk on My Teacher... ๐Ÿ˜ I am preparing one right now... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How many of you agree with Ishutopre's ideas. Please say yes if you are ready for it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Praveen and AKD: It seems like both of you liked that idea. However let us wait for 2-3 days for some more ideas. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    i have been going through this thread. Small talk will not be a good option. Regular forum chit-chat will do it. The idea sounds nice. ๐Ÿ˜
    Farjand
    i have been going through this thread. Small talk will not be a good option. Regular forum chit-chat will do it. The idea sounds nice. ๐Ÿ˜
    Imagine 5000 Stories under a single post... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Well I say Yes with Ishan idea. It's very nice.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @dileep: ๐Ÿ‘

How about we make a record of "Most number of useful threads started in a day."

We will set a target of 100 threads per CEan. Each CEan will search far and wide across the internet, and find useful, educational, discussion-worthy, technical, puzzle-some, how-to-do-this, funny, inspirational threads. I am sure that will be fun and all that Biggie will have to do is, keep a check at the server. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We can have a award for the one who gets maximum replies on his/her thread. (Provided the thread is really engineering-forum worthy and not random spam)

What say you?
    AbraKaDabra
    @dileep: ๐Ÿ‘

How about we make a record of "Most number of useful threads started in a day."

We will set a target of 100 threads per CEan. Each CEan will search far and wide across the internet, and find useful, educational, discussion-worthy, technical, puzzle-some, how-to-do-this, funny, inspirational threads. I am sure that will be fun and all that Biggie will have to do is, keep a check at the server. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We can have a award for the one who gets maximum replies on his/her thread. (Provided the thread is really engineering-forum worthy and not random spam)

What say you?
    Agreed awesome way! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sure AKD, the idea sounds promising. We should go by 100 threads concept. ๐Ÿ‘
    When shall we start this? And how to track these? I mean, we shall have a large index, where users can edit their posts to keep track of their 100 threads... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We will need confirmation from atleast 10-15 CEans. Without that it won't be a team effort.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sure. Count me in. I will send everyone a message to have a look at this discussion. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Oki... Until now how many have confirmed?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The doubt raised by Praveen is valid. How are we going to keep a track of those threads?

One more suggestion. We will need to publicize this. It should be a very good knowledgeable competition.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Keeping a track is not much of a problem I guess. We just have to have all the prime CEans to get involved in this, without that, it won't be truly BIG.

Let's see how many agree to this today. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • jayanth4p
    jayanth4p
    let all of us meet somewhere and do something technical or just meet!
    all of the ceans present in a country gather together in their respective countires
    it will definately be a record!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @jayanth: That's a good idea, but a little tough to execute.

I got one more idea today.

We will create the largest number of REAL CE DOODLES! ๐Ÿ˜

All that CEans will have to do is create the CrazyEngineers Logo with any material they get. CE Logo is available only in digital format.
    We will create it using things like buttons, lightbulbs, flowers, ropes, wires, nut-bolts, scrap-paper etc..
    Create in on a plane surface, take a photograph and paste it here.

Besides a world record, We can do it like a competition also. The one who does it in most imaginative ways and submits the maximum number of doodles wins! ๐Ÿ˜

I love this idea. What do you think?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    AbraKaDabra
    @jayanth: That's a good idea, but a little tough to execute.

I got one more idea today.

We will create the largest number of REAL CE DOODLES! ๐Ÿ˜

All that CEans will have to do is create the CrazyEngineers Logo with any material they get. CE Logo is available only in digital format.
    We will create it using things like buttons, lightbulbs, flowers, ropes, wires, nut-bolts, scrap-paper etc..
    Create in on a plane surface, take a photograph and paste it here.

Besides a world record, We can do it like a competition also. The one who does it in most imaginative ways and submits the maximum number of doodles wins! ๐Ÿ˜

I love this idea. What do you think?
    Hey really superb! I am in ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good idea, but it seems I will lose. Can't we have some technical idea? Like design a component and prizes for the best design? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    All branches can have their say, computer people can write a good program.

Electronics people can make a circuit diagram and show its working in video.

And mech people can take away the prize home for best design(Just kidding) ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜

But the idea is worth thinking. What say people? In this way we can also say that this is an Engineering forum.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ishutopre
    Good idea, but it seems I will lose. Can't we have some technical idea? Like design a component and prizes for the best design? ๐Ÿ˜€
    How will that be a world record?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup, I thought that some one or the other would ask this question. And AKD has asked that. ๐Ÿ˜€ So here is my answer.
    This is an engineering forum. So it has to have world records related to technical stuff, agreed?

Now if only we can urge people to join this *technical cause*, then we can keep the image of an Engineering forum, agreed?

This will be a world record because we will have hundreds and thousands of applicants (Because we will advertise it on the forum itself) and the applicants will be from different branches. Not a particular engineering trade.

Also we are having a *NIL* Robotics/metallurgical/chemical engineers, they will take part in this activity and if they like it then they will also be regular on CE.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    One more thing, the people participating in CE doodles, will be the ones who like/love CE (i.e.; regular CEans) While those who will take part in my technical idea will be those people who do not even know CE but they are the masters of their field.

IMP->The amount of publicity done for doodles will be same as the amount of publicity done technical idea.
    That is why it is the decision to be taken by Admin where to spend their time and publicity efforts.

Now What say?
    Doodles or Technical stuff?

No offence AKD. This was only a suggestion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree with your points, but how to make a 'world record' is the question. What's your idea for that? Which feat can we perform?
    What I gathered from your point is that we can have a competition. Surely we can! ๐Ÿ˜€

My idea is only for fun.. to celebrate the mark of 1,00,000 CEans on CrazyEngineers and we can have all sorts of crazy ideas for this.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK if you want fun, then great. Go ahead with doodles. But once we mark 1,00,000 CEans then we will directly go for competitions. Regular CEans can judge the results.

P.S: In any case doodles rock.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Fun activities are always instrumental in bringing people together. For eg: See this funny game that's very popular all over the world:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Besides, we can use engineering in the doodle idea too.
    For eg: Use light and lasers to print CE or make domino-dash like videos that print CrazyEngineers and there can be countless ideas as such. We can be as creative as we can.

@All CEans: Are you game for this?
    If yes, we will soon declare it in Announcements. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Looks awesome for me too!!! Hey, but I have another idea like, why don't we make a photo collage of all the events, planning and meeting...??? It would be memory! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Praveen: Follow up here if you are going to participate: #-Link-Snipped-#
    AbraKaDabra
    @Praveen: Follow up here if you are going to participate: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Done... ๐Ÿ˜€ Check it out... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK I was not going to participate in this activity, but luckily or unluckily, I made a simple tutorial and embossed join Crazyengineers on a projection plane. I know, we need physical objects for CE doodles, still wanted to show this. [โ€‹IMG]
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    i am confused about what you are asking

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I need a small help in putting a content for PraveenTech Going Mobile in my home page. I have written something for others but I am not able...
I remember some of our CE's questioned about how we can generate power through piezoelectricity. Actually i myself did the piezoelectric energy harvester from unused vibrations. I explained briefly about...
Live, even for a few hours, without a fridge is a nightmare! We understand your distress ... Let us send you a refrigerator repair technician as soon as possible. We...
tensegrity structures are a very innovative application of the stresses. this video explains its basic concepts. [video=youtube;K1NsRlhxuwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1NsRlhxuwE[/video]
Hello everybody, I am here to market my 2 websites<>