Contents of registers when 8085 is powered on?

When we power on the 8085 microprocessor kit, all the memory locations contain garbage values.

Is it the same case with registers (A, B, C, D, E, H, L)? Do they contain garbage values or they contain all zeroes?

I have heard that the flag register is always initialized to zero, when 8085 is powered on. WHat about other registers?

Replies

• shiwa436
    shiwa436
    These registers will have the previous values, which are stored in them while last used.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I guess, you didn't get my question. I want to know the contents of Registers when we turn on (or switch on) the microprocessor. Are they garbage values of zeroes?
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Does anyone have an answer ?
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Jonusb3: Do you think your post is related to the topic???If so,please explain me!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    They are reset with some arbitrary values! Check them out... 😀
    All are hex values. Got it from my Microprocessor Lecturer... 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Praveen: Do you mean that the content of registers will have arbitrary values when we turn ON the microprocessor??
    They get refreshed... Arbitrary in the sense, garbage values, which are hexadecimal in nature.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    they are garbage values. totally vague values.
    shubhankar
    they are garbage values. totally vague values.
    I second you!

@praveena211 This is what I said... 😀
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Thank you all. Actually this was needed for my project.

The values in registers are indeed garbage values when we turn on the MP. But I also came to know that a lot depends on the MP kit's manufacturer, many kits reset those garbage values to zeros when the MP is turned on.
    You can also do it electronically purging when the memory starts... 😀
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    praveenscience
    You can also do it electronically purging when the memory starts... 😀
    ah.. not sure of what you are talking about.
    You know how to erase EEPROM? The same method... Electric purging...
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    hmm..
    I'm still new in this field.

Thanks by the way!
    Dude, am not in that field at all!!! Lolz... 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The word Cryogenics is originated from greek words ‘kryos’ meaning ‘frost’ and ‘genics’ meaning ‘to produce’. Cold science suggests that branch of science carrying out processes at low temperatures. But...
which is your favorite computer programming language and why?
Many times I have heard a lot of people saying that I was unlucky in that particular thing. I guess being unlucky is just a form of bad timing, Let...
The Europeans will introduce the first organic processor made up of organic semiconductors this week at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference, in San Francisco. This processor has 4000 transistors and...
I liked the idea YottoWink folks have come up with and see that it's a great scope. Check out this presentation to get an idea of what YottoWInk does -...