Connect the pictures - 5

Hi guys, this is one interesting connect. You can very easily identify the theme, but getting to the connect is a bit tricky.. Good luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy connecting😁😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Holy Kaw! I haven't been able to crack even one of these puzzles. 😔

[PS: The man in the picture - I've seen him somewhere!]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ok, time for a clue..

It is alleged that the Apple computers' logo is inspired by the man in the second picture. But it's a false allegation and the logo is not inspired by him.

PS- Ok, the clue is far fetched, but someone identify the pictures and I'll provide more tangible clues..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    wild guess:
    is it morse code?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The machine looks like a code receiver/sender from world war era. The submarine proves it is related to that era. Now who is the guy?
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    The first picture is a GERMAN SUBMARINE(that used ENIGMA MACHINE for communication during second world war )..

The man in second picture is ALAN TURING(famous mathematician,Cryptanalyst,founder of TURING MACHINE,AI pioneer).With poland's help,Turing designed a radically different code-breaking machine known as the BOMBE.

The third picture is ENIGMA CIPHER MACHINE.It was a device used for encryption and decryption of secret messages by Germans during second world war..Most German communications were enciphered on the Enigma cipher machine. It was based on rotors whose movement produced ever-changing alphabetic substitutions.The ciphers it produced were supposed to be unbreakable even by someone in possession of the machine. Germans considered their code as unbreakable..

In 1939-40 Alan Turing and another Cambridge mathematician, Gordon Welchman, designed a new machine, the British BOMBE(a device used by british to break the code generated by enigma machine).The basic property of the Bombe was that it could break any Enigma-enciphered message, provided that the hardware of the Enigma was known.Hence,Alan turing played a major role (as he broke the code) in Great Britain's victory..

Hope i have connected these pictures..:smile:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woa! Superb! Miniy!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent miniy.
    😎
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Thank you Biggie and ES..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm speechless!!
    Please tell me how you do it!!!

Anyhow, to be precise, the first pic is the famous German U-Boat, that was a menace to the allies. The Germans almost vanquished the Brits with this U-boat fleet of theirs.

The third pic is the Enigma machine, which revolutionized cryptography. The enigma machines used in the u-boats were complex and were more difficult to decipher than normal ones.

The second pic is that of Alan Turing, the man who cracked the enigma and paved way for the British victory over Germans.

Well done miniy😀😀
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ok then, we shall continue this game a little further.

Explain my clue.
    Apparently I've given out everything, but still what's supposed to be the connection between Alan Turing and the Apple Logo??
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Alan Turing was found dead in his bed in 1954 with a half-eaten apple by his side.😔 It was told that Turing killed himself by lacing the apple with cyanide.But that apple was not tested.

After that,there were false allegations that the famous company logo of APPLE, depicts an apple with a bite taken out of it, is meant as a tribute to Alan Turing.

Apple.Inc preferred to attribute the design of the logo as an acknowledgement of Sir Isaac Newton.In fact,APPLES's first logo depicts Sir ISAAC NEWTON sitiing under tree and the logo that is used now is possibly a tribute to Sir Isaac Newton's discoveries..

@SS:This was the clue that helped me a lot in cracking your puzzle..😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    woha.

Are you Dan Brown with a alias as miniy here ??😎
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    @ES:No not at all..

PS:I have just heard of him and his famous best selling novels..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is that easy to get a Mechanical Engineer job in the Philippines for someone like me considering the fact that i am an indian? Anyone have any ideas??? Please help...
What is electromagnetic force(emf).please give me a brief explanation about it
Holy Kaw! This is AWESOME! GIDS Organizers have special offer for CEans! Visit this link: Great Indian Developer Summit REGISTER HERE USING SPECIAL CODE "GIDS09CENG" & AVAIL DISCOUNTS 35% OFF...
help me.... which one is better???? 1. flying or technical officer in defense-air force. OR 2. software engineer in a IT industry.
Is there any chance to make a shortcut for "set image size"?