Working in Philippines!

Is that easy to get a Mechanical Engineer job in the Philippines for someone like me considering the fact that i am an indian? Anyone have any ideas??? Please help meπŸ˜•πŸ˜”

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Jobs section
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    J I J O
    Is that easy to get a Mechanical Engineer job in the Philippines for someone like me considering the fact that i am an indian? Anyone have any ideas??? Please help meπŸ˜•πŸ˜”
    What happened man, is India creating any problems for you or could not find any opportunities here. India also need few mechanical engineers I guess. πŸ˜€ Don't go for Philippines man.

PS: Nice signature of yours πŸ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Is that so , i recommend few mechanical engineers to Philippines!😁
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    shalini_goel14
    What happened man, is India creating any problems for you or could not find any opportunities here. India also need few mechanical engineers I guess. πŸ˜€ Don't go for Philippines man.

PS: Nice signature of yours πŸ˜‰
    Well dude it doesnt mean that india is creating problems for me. Actually my gf lives there thats the only issue he he he:wink:.....

And ha thanks for ur comments on my signature.. actually its a fact:sshhh:
  • islesv
    islesv
    Hi JIJO,

The Philippines exports a big percentage of its graduates every year because our economy could not create enough jobs. Depending on your academic qualifications, you may be able to get a job in the academe; I observe a bias for foreigners in the higher education system. If you want to stay in industry, I would like to caution you that although it is not impossible, it is quite difficult.

I hope this helps.
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    Hi JIJO,

The Philippines exports a big percentage of its graduates every year because our economy could not create enough jobs. Depending on your academic qualifications, you may be able to get a job in the academe; I observe a bias for foreigners in the higher education system. If you want to stay in industry, I would like to caution you that although it is not impossible, it is quite difficult.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot. By the way are you from Philippines? If yes then please tell me hows the Davao city... And this tooo.. I know there is a pilot training academy in Manila if i remember correctly. Do u know any thing about that? πŸ˜• Actually i urgently need to go there in philippines
  • islesv
    islesv
    Yes, I'm residing at Cebu City, in Central Visayas. Davao City is to the south, in Mindanao. It's the third largest metropolitan area in the Philippines, after Metro Manila and Cebu.

There are a lot of pilot training academies in Manila; there are even at least two here in Cebu.

If you pass by Cebu drop me a note πŸ˜€
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    Yes, I'm residing at Cebu City, in Central Visayas. Davao City is to the south, in Mindanao. It's the third largest metropolitan area in the Philippines, after Metro Manila and Cebu.

There are a lot of pilot training academies in Manila; there are even at least two here in Cebu.

If you pass by Cebu drop me a note πŸ˜€
    Oh sure.... when i come i will... lets have a meet man.. anyways keep in touch.. And about the pilot training course if you can provide any link then it will be helpful... thanks in advance
  • islesv
    islesv
    Here's a good list of #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    Here's a good list of #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Thanks a lot brother
  • islesv
    islesv
    You're welcome πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ya know, I was actually born in Makati, Manila, when my dad was posted there πŸ˜›

No memories of the place though. Family moved back to Malaysia after I was two years old. Would love to visit the place again one day.
  • islesv
    islesv
    Would that be during Marcos' time? Little has changed in the Philippines though...
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    Would that be during Marcos' time? Little has changed in the Philippines though...
    I have one more doubt.. Hows the people there? I mean their attitude towards foreigners. Especially to Indians?
  • islesv
    islesv
    There had been growing racism against Koreans in Cebu in the last few months, but basically we talk about it among ourselves. We don't go hurt them physically or even try to stop their business permits from being released πŸ˜›. We just tell ourselves how our economic control over the city is slowly dissipating to foreigners πŸ˜”

Filipinos are know for their hospitality. We did not even fight the Spaniards when they came, we just let them take the land. πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    islesv
    Yeah, my family was there during his time. My parents told me about his tanks rolling down the highway near the end of his reign, though I didn't believe it at first πŸ˜›
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    There had been growing racism against Koreans in Cebu in the last few months, but basically we talk about it among ourselves. We don't go hurt them physically or even try to stop their business permits from being released πŸ˜›. We just tell ourselves how our economic control over the city is slowly dissipating to foreigners πŸ˜”

Filipinos are know for their hospitality. We did not even fight the Spaniards when they came, we just let them take the land. πŸ˜€
    :smile: thanks I hope i will come there on this may or june. Not yet decided. When i come lets have a CEan meet. What you say brother
  • islesv
    islesv
    ash
    Yeah, my family was there during his time. My parents told me about his tanks rolling down the highway near the end of his reign, though I didn't believe it at first πŸ˜›
    That would be during the People Power Revolution. Too young to remember much of it; all I know was that my mother transferred to a public school (from teaching in a private school) - everybody was enthusiastic about the new regime. 20 years later, we're back to square one. Sigh. πŸ˜”

J I JO
    thanks I hope i will come there on this may or june. Not yet decided. When i come lets have a CEan meet. What you say brother
    No problem; just contact me the week you're here... That is, if you can drop by Cebu City. πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome! First international CE Meet! πŸ˜€
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    ash
    Awesome! First international CE Meet! πŸ˜€
    Im excited about it😁
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    I think i will go to philippines this may or june.....
  • islesv
    islesv
    Don't forget to contact me πŸ˜€
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    Brother whats ur contact no.. I may come this april.. If i need some help then will u please help me?
  • islesv
    islesv
    If I am free, it would be okay. πŸ˜€ I would prefer online communication, either via this thread (which I have subscribed via email) or via my forum. πŸ˜€
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    If I am free, it would be okay. πŸ˜€ I would prefer online communication, either via this thread (which I have subscribed via email) or via my forum. πŸ˜€
    Ah ok as u wish.. and ha i would like to know.. how many hours will take to reach Davao from Manila via plane
  • islesv
    islesv
    I've never gone from Davao to Manila straight or vice-versa. But from Cebu to Manila is about 50 min.; from Cebu to Davao is slightly less (about 45 min.). So from Manila to Davao should not take more than 2 hours.
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    islesv
    I've never gone from Davao to Manila straight or vice-versa. But from Cebu to Manila is about 50 min.; from Cebu to Davao is slightly less (about 45 min.). So from Manila to Davao should not take more than 2 hours.
    ah ok thnaks a lot
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    Hope to see you sooon

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is electromagnetic force(emf).please give me a brief explanation about it
Holy Kaw! This is AWESOME! GIDS Organizers have special offer for CEans! Visit this link: Great Indian Developer Summit REGISTER HERE USING SPECIAL CODE "GIDS09CENG" & AVAIL DISCOUNTS 35% OFF...
help me.... which one is better???? 1. flying or technical officer in defense-air force. OR 2. software engineer in a IT industry.
Is there any chance to make a shortcut for "set image size"?
hello all, I am a mechanical engineer but while discussing with a friend I have got a query regarding civil engineering. while constructing a beam one binds wire around steel.......