Colleges & Information

I think November-December is the peak time for GRE Takers. Can we start collecting information about colleges & courses offered?

We can even form groups of students applying to the same college. I think its possible. Maybe we are still very small to form groups 😀

Any Ideas?

-The Big K-

Replies

• Jerry
    Jerry
    I feel CE needs lot more member count to make this successful. But I appreciate the initiative.

I am looking forward to have a count of 5000 members.

Jerry
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Good idea Biggie. I'm waiting for someone who is willing to take initiative .The number will increase gradually .Why can't we start with the existing number?
    I want to write GRE in Jun-Jul of 07.Plz someone take the initative!!!
  • amitpshukla
    amitpshukla
    I am a student studying in 2nd year eng. i want 2 to persue M.Tech. after my B.E. What is the procedure 4 it and when 2 start studying.
  • crook
    crook
    @Mahesh: Why don't you take the initiative yourself 😉 ? Be a leader!

@amitpshukla: I think there will be a separate section introduced on CE for M.Tech shortly. I assume that you are in India. You will have to clear the GATE after your graduation. You can start studying once you successfully enter the 3rd year of Engineering 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    @Mahesh: Why don't you take the initiative yourself 😉 ? Be a leader!

@amitpshukla: I think there will be a separate section introduced on CE for M.Tech shortly. I assume that you are in India. You will have to clear the GATE after your graduation. You can start studying once you successfully enter the 3rd year of Engineering 😀
    Well said, Crook.

Mahesh, we are still a small community. But we can have surely have discussions. Feel free to initiate discussions. We'll try to have our friends from US universities to answer our queries.

Amitpshukla, as crook said, you will have to take GATE. You can start preparation any time. I'd recommend that you should concentrate on your 2nd year studies right now. It is also advisable to join a coaching institute which will help you form a network and find people with similar interests. You may also form study groups.

Of course, we will have a dedicated section for M.Tech studies.

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    no GRE takers yet? what about ppl whove already been there and done their MS ... their experiences as alumni would also help
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi CEans,

As some of our friends said,I want to take the initiative to start the preparation for GRE 07.Is anyone who is planning to take in new year?
    I want to make preparation collectively and thoroughly.

I have few doubts regarding this exam.

1. First one is the selection process depends on overall GRE score or
    individual sections score.

2. Can anyone evaluate my profile and give me the score I can get
    to get into top schools? Can I post my profile here?
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Mahesh
    Hi CEans,

As some of our friends said,I want to take the initiative to start the preparation for GRE 07.Is anyone who is planning to take in new year?

It would be great to see GRE preparation groups on CrazyEngineers. But I think we still have a long way to go. Maybe, to set the ball rolling, you can ask your friend to join CE & start sharing information. This will encourage more engineers to join in & turn our dream into reality.

How's the idea?

Jerry
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi Jerry,

Idea is not bad at all but I want to know any CEans are interested in GRE preparation.So I posted tht it.
  • brat
    brat
    Hi...
    i gave my GRE in Feb '07. I got 1360... Planning to apply for MS in fall' 08 in VLSI or DSP...Anyone else???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh
    Hi CEans,

Mahesh, I think starting separate threads (in this section) for both the questions will help. You can put your profile and let's see if someone can help you evaulate your profile.

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    This thread is a perfect example of spamming.

Total numbers of Post:12
    Useful:0
    Spamming: 12 (100%)

Don't make this type of useful thread a spam hub, ptherwise people will avoid visiting this section.

PS: Sorry for a ununseful post of this thread.😡

Regards,
    -Crazy
  • Saahil Kumar
    Saahil Kumar
    Career Advice

Thank You for adding me to the Forum.
    I am Sahi Kumar, a II year Student of Computer Engineering Student of Umrer College of Engineering currently studying under RTM Nagpur University.
    I am facing a problem about which couse to do.
    I have 3 choices-
    1) MBA.
    2) MS.
    3) carry on with my faculty and complete the .NET courses.
    I was a student of KICIT this year. I am Financialy strong and some what good in studies. I have secured 73.32% in First Year. So from this Information it must be clear to you.
    Please do guide me and show mee the Proper Path to carry with my Future.
  • obiwankenobi
    obiwankenobi
    Hey,
    I have my GRE in July 07..i am in my 3rd year now..

got 1310 (610v+700q)
    i am planning to apply for fall '09

anyway..if anyone needs any help ..get in touch with me & i'll do my best to help
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Career Advice

Saahil Kumar
    Thank You for adding me to the Forum.
    I am Sahi Kumar, a II year Student of Computer Engineering Student of Umrer College of Engineering currently studying under RTM Nagpur University.
    I am facing a problem about which couse to do.
    I have 3 choices-
    1) MBA.
    2) MS.
    3) carry on with my faculty and complete the .NET courses.
    I was a student of KICIT this year. I am Financialy strong and some what good in studies. I have secured 73.32% in First Year. So from this Information it must be clear to you.
    Please do guide me and show mee the Proper Path to carry with my Future.
    Hi Sahil,

Good to see that you are concerned about your career after engineering. Let's first talk about MBA & MS.

There are lots of things you will have to check before you make a decision. MBA, unless you do it from a reputed college, won't make a huge difference to your career (that's my opinion). It is bit difficult to get a seat into top 10 MBA colleges in India. So, try to find out as much information as possible about what it takes to get into these colleges. GMAT would be an option, but I'll not discuss it in this reply.

MS, on the other hand, will allow you to stick to your technical track. Go for MS if you want to be in the technical field for few years at the start of your career. Also, MS would require you to travel abroad. Getting a job after MS, shouldn't be a big problem.

I tried to present 'logical' answers. There's one question that you should first answer. What's your aim in life? If answer to that question is ready, consider what (MS/MBA) would help you the most to achieve it.

No matter what you choose, you must be very good at what you are studying now. You can start preparing for GRE/CAT & other exams once you are in 3rd year. As others have advised on our forum, its always better to get some work experience before you go for higher studies.

You have plenty of time to decide. Of course, we're here to help you.

-The Big K-
  • godsfavson
    godsfavson
    hello guys, Im a first year electronics and communications student at MIT, Manipal. Theres a huge demand for managers these days so I was wondering if that would be a better option than MS abroad because all said and done I dont really want to leave the country at this stage. If suppose I go and do my masters in the US through GRE then what kind of job can I expect back home? What do the colleges consider for giving scholarships to the students?
  • Alesia Myra
    Alesia Myra
    At the end of the year I am moving to the indianapolis area in castleton. I need information about colleges in the nearby area that carry pre-pharmacy and psychology programs. Thanks.Unreal Tournament College
    Software Engineering School
  • Alesia Myra
    Alesia Myra
    At the end of the year I am moving to the indianapolis area in castleton. I need information about colleges in the nearby area that carry pre-pharmacy and psychology programs. Thanks.#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I am writing GRE in October but I was little concern about the cost of it.
  • WhAcK-O-NuT
    WhAcK-O-NuT
    Hey GRE enthusiasts ! I don't have a great deal of GRE information to share wid you people, but I am also tryin' to find out from other sources like my seniors who've already appeared for GRE, my friends, proffessors n other sites too. I shall surely share whatever info I manage to gather... In da meantime let me tell u abt my self. I am doin' ma T.E. in E&TC branch...I aspire to do my MS at the prestigious institute of Harvard. If anyone can guide me please do so. Thank you.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    what is GRE Takers ???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gg_gaurav
    what is GRE Takers ???
    GRE Takers -> People who're appearing for GRE or intend to appear for GRE. Usually, people talk about 'Giving Exams' which is incorrect English. We always 'take exams' not 'give them'.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Thanks BIG
    Can i know about important dates of these exams in CE?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: Colleges & Information: GRE Important Dates

Important Timing

As we get closer to the August 2011 launch of the GRE® revised General Test, there will be more dates and other important information you'll need to know to be prepared.
    Here are a few of those important dates in 2010 and 2011 to give you an inside look at what's ahead.
    Table with important dates about the GRE revised General Test

MONTH MILESTONE 2010 JULY
    • #-Link-Snipped-# is available for the GRE revised General Test
    2011 MARCH
    • March 15: Registration opens for the GRE revised General Test (If you plan on taking the current test, you can register now.)
    AUGUST –
    SEPTEMBER
    • August 1: First day of testing for the GRE revised General Test
    • August 1 – September 30: Save 50% on your test fee; if you test during this period, your scores will be sent by mid-November
    OCTOBER –
    NOVEMBER
    • If you test between October and November, you should #-Link-Snipped-# to know what day your scores will be sent
    DECEMBER
    • Normal score reporting resumes. Your score report will be sent 10 – 15 days after your test date
  • georgerobinson
    georgerobinson
    It is nice to plan according to your info.

Keep it up 😀
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    i think we should hav latest update section 4 exams and jobs ...........it may help us.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It makes perfect sense for us to have debates of technical nature. Now I'm not very sure how good this debate topic is - "Will Google Docs replace Microsoft Word...
This is unbelievable! Put 3-4 Mentos chips in the bottle of Coca Cola & Hurray! You get a big fountain! Check out this YouTube Video! - Click ME I'm scared!...
int g=300*300/300; cout<<"g="<
i want to design a low power radio circuit,please give me some ideas.
Hi CEans! I wonder if we have bike freaks here. I'm undecided between Hero Octane 26T & Firefox Thunder. Any experiences to share regarding aluminum bikes? -The Big K-