Chrome Usage Triples & IE's Browser Share Drops Below 50%

Internet Explorer, which once upon a time had almost 75% of the browser market share and had won the battle against NetScape, is now losing its battle against the new boys: Chrome & Firefox.

Chrome's acceptance worldwide has tripled over the past few months and IE's share is below 50% - definitely a bad news for Microsoft. The company is geared up with IE 9 launch; but the software has failed to impress (at least, me 😀 ).

What do you think? Has IE lost the battle forever?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    As long as there isn't a standard browser, IE will always be around.

In my company, some proprietary web applications work only in IE. Some others work only in IE6, that too, with a specific patch.

So, as long as windows is there, IE will also be there.. But the market share will be very less, I agree.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Going forward all the applications will be made compatible with IE9 !! so IE will be there, only at corporate offices and the share will be below 20 percent by next year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bonjour CEans, We again have a new KYCEan with an enthusiastic engineer who has been with us for a year long. He has some really informative posts on his account...
CEans, CE is your free platform to take your college event global. CE events section (this section!) is your platform to cover your college event and post all the information...
Hi, I am designing a power meter which using the multiplier LM331 to multiply the Voltage and Current signal. The voltage and current signal will be go through the sample...
Dell has officially launched the Dell Streak in India for Rs. 35,000/- Video: [video=youtube;g6borH5yQxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6borH5yQxA[/video] The Dell Streak is a hybrid device that lives in the space between a smartphone and...
I wani ti control LCD(20*4),4 DC motors,LM35,solenoid valve,keypad,buzzer and somr LEDs with one single MICROCONTROLLER. For ports expension what i should use 8255 or BUFFER(74241/74242 ETC.)