CE Quick Reference : Linux Commands.

This tutorial is for tenderfoot users of Linux.This tutorial will teach you to perform the basic tasks using the "Terminal".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Logging & Session Management :
login
Use : To Log into system
Syntax : login
Example : login Abhishek

rlogin
Use : To Log into another computer on LAN or internet.
Syntax : rlogin -l

Example : rlogin -l Abhishek crazyengineers.com

shutdown
Use1 : To restart the computer
Command : Shutdown -r now

Use2 : To halt the computer now (or after given time)
Command : shutdown -h

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Darling Project, like Wine is developing the compatibility layer which will run the OS X applications on linux Operating system.Darling is dependent on GNUstep, Opensurce implementation of Apple's Objective-C software...
A medical device engineer knows that his work may be of direct help to a patient in suffering and may even grant extension of life. The stress comes from the...
I wanna interface HDTV & PC monitor both to my Computer, is it possible ? I have graphics card with DVI-D & D-Sub pin. i will be using D-sub VGA...
First, I connected D-sub pin to D-sub port of video card & I started the PC, the display was clear. Then, I connected DVI-D pin with DVI port & did...
VLC Media Player for iOS, the app that went on a leave couple of years back, is now launched again. VLC, the multi-format video player has gone live in some...