CE Promotions: Phase I - Update - 1

CEans,

If you have been following our discussions in this sections, you might be aware that we're now starting to actively promote CE among colleges in India (to begin with ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

Under this initiative, we'll be sending our posters that look like college official notices ๐Ÿ˜› to various colleges. We'll also include an appeal to the college principal to display our poster on notice boards in various departments (for maximum visibility).

We'll begin mailing the envelops containing 6 of these posters (/notices) along with a letter to principal to colleges.

So far -

1. Printing of "Letter to Principal" - Underway.
2. Printing of Notices/Posters - 600 copies - Done.
3. Printing of CrazyEngineers branded envelops - Done
4. Mailing activity - Will begin in the first week of 2010.
5. Finalizing the engineering colleges to send our posters - Underway.

Mathematics:

We are assuming average population of 2000 students per college. We're targeting 100 colleges from one state. That means we are trying to reach about 100 x 2000 = 200,000 engineering students in our first attempt. Out of 200,000 students, let's hope 100,000 will visit CE once. Out of all our visitors, we are guessing approx 20,000 will care to register on CE.

If 20,000 students register, we may very well anticipate about 20-50 smart students who'll be very active on CE.

Your feedback, questions, comments on this, please.

I'll keep you all posted.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nice mathematics, nice thinking, nice plan. I wish out of 20,000 registered members (Hope for the best) at least 1% (200 ๐Ÿ˜) will become active.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, that's possible too. Unfortunately, lot of people find CE extremely difficult to use. We follow standard forum structure which is followed on most of the forum based websites.

Let's hope we'll find lot of quality engineers through our initiative ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Yeah, that's possible too. Unfortunately, lot of people find CE extremely difficult to use. We follow standard forum structure which is followed on most of the forum based websites.

Let's hope we'll find lot of quality engineers through our initiative ๐Ÿ˜€
    Just a suggestion,

On the home page can we display another section for Demo of CE (In this we may show the demo for each section, specially the demo of sections which may be of great use for college students, say higher studies, engineering branch specific sections.)

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash had been working on Demos. However, with the next upgrade of CE, lot of things will change [look, feel & functions]. We may then include a demo. Nice suggestion.

PS: Let's not deviate from the topic.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Are you going to send the posters to colleges in only one state?
    In your mathematics, it's said 100 colleges in one state, 2000 students per college so 2,00,000 students to reach out in the first attempt..
    Clarify, please!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @SS: That's right. We'll reach out to approximately 200,000 students. However, I'm thinking only 100,000 students will actually read the notice and care to visit the website. Out of those 100,000 visitors, we may expect at least 10-15k to join CE.

Currently the list of colleges with addresses is being compiled. We may target 25 colleges in 4 different states across India, in our first phase. I'll keep everyone updated on this.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    OK!! thanks for clarifying!!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Biggie,

Have you also thought of using -
    1. Stumbleupon
    2. Digg/Yelp/Reddit
    3. Del.icio.us

For the outreach part. The same mathematics can apply there. eh?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kidakaka: Yes, we already have the easy submission buttons available on the site [you can see them just below every post].

We need to educate our members how to use these buttons and how it can benefit CE. I doubt many CEans use Digg, Del.icio.us, Furl, Technorati etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: January 4, 2010.

Our notices are on the way to colleges. They should reach their respective destinations by this week. First batch of notices has been sent to about 99 engineering colleges in Maharashtra state. So if you are an engineering student from Maharashtra, do keep watch on your college notice board.

If you don't see our notice displayed by next week, do let get in touch with us through mail [ admin at crazyengineers dot com ] and let us know your college name. We'll check our records and send our poster to your college.

We will begin printing our second set of posters in this week. We'll target other states over the next few weeks.

Let's hope for some great traffic and active members on CE ๐Ÿ˜€

Any questions, comments - please post them here.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Will a later phase include Universities outside of India?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    can we see here the poster?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i want to see it too...๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Will a later phase include Universities outside of India?
    Yep! Let's first evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign. Right now the aim is to complete the India promotions in next 2-3 months.

If we get good response, we'll target colleges, universities in USA, UK, Australia, South-East Asia et al.

cooldudeiet & civilprincess: The poster looks like any other college notice ( so as to make it appear as a message from college to students ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

I'll try to post the scanned copy, but not possible right now [I'm in some other town for next 2-3 weeks].

------------------------------------
    I've got confirmed news that our notices have been displayed in colleges in Amravati. ๐Ÿ˜
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    That's great news.. Can't wait to see how the result turns out!!

And also waiting for the posters to arrive at our college too!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    South India is being covered in Phase II & III ๐Ÿ˜

You can already see. We're constantly averaging about 275 members online (up from about 230). I'm guessing few colleges have posted our notices on boards ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I'm expecting some more traffic starting next week.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A Way to go..

Time for load testing CE -Forum as many of the sections will be accessed parallely. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its been done already. We've a powerful server to support all the load. ๐Ÿ˜€

But you all can see, our promotions are already working! We're averaging about 300 online members continuously.

...and lot of our posters are yet to reach their destinations! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great to hear this!! (About load testing)

But I have a concern here, we are targetting colleges for increasing the traffic , it has been increasing now, but most of the people if ask for free projects then our vision will be no way near.

So I request all new joiners dont post Need a free project.
    Go through the forum and learn from it..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, not all students ask for free projects. We are hunting for the smarter brains who will ultimately bring quality content to the forum.

Increasing traffic is not our only aim - but our aim is to reach the talented engineers who are not aware of us.

We also need to promote CE in countries outside India; where 'Engineering' is opted out of 'passion' and not a short-cut to getting jobs.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes Biggie you are correct, but i am just concerned about it!!

Anyway if we get smart brains then CE and people will go heights.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hiya people,
    what happened?has the phase I been complete. ๐Ÿ˜
    it looks like the phase I promotions have made a considerable difference...so waiting for more active users to come on board ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WizMouse Version: 1.0.0.2 File Size: 510 License: Free WizMouse is a mouse enhancement utility that makes your mouse wheel work on the window currently under the mouse pointer, instead of...
News Source: Travelocity accuses Cleartrip CEO of data theft In a First Information Report (FIR) filed at a Gurgaon police station, Travelocity has said employees of Desiya Online Distribution Ltd...
Clicking on the New Year e-card or shopping online for New Year gift might be a trap setup up by cyber criminals to steal your money. Cyber criminals are armed...
Bangalore: A 21-year-old engineering student Neha M, has developed a mechanism by which a cellphone can double up as a counterfeit note detector, and for this project, she won the...
I am using L293D motor driver for line follower which has the following pin configuration- In this at Pin no. 8 we have to apply the voltage at which we...