CE BlogStar Contest Result Announced

Official Announcement: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Congrats CB! Awesome post. Congrats to the others who have participated too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    congrats ๐Ÿ˜€

look here guys
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Congratulations CrazyBoy..! Wonderful Post. And congrats to other winners also.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Congrats CB!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    Congo crazyboy..
    i was impressed with Gaurav's poem too ๐Ÿ˜€

nice efforts by everyone...
    Thanks to BIG K for encouraging everyone
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ah!

Good put up CB!!

i want to congratulate the CEans who wons TEEs as well and also I think I found Vikram's and Opti's posts as interesting as CB's was.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wow! Congrats CrazyBoy!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Thanks a lot s for the encourging words.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Congratulations CB ๐Ÿ˜€

And all other winners too!!
  • lal
    lal
    Congrats CB ๐Ÿ˜›
    And to all other participants ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    congrats CB and other winners ๐Ÿ‘

congrats to the other guys who also submitted the entries.all of them were so good ๐Ÿ˜
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    congrats cb
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    durga
    ah!

Good put up CB!!

i want to congratulate the CEans who wons TEEs as well and also I think I found Vikram's and Opti's posts as interesting as CB's was.
    Thanks for appreciation. I was in dire need of hearing it. Now I feel like sharing the CE animation that I had made.
    I tried to be reasonable in the blog but it didn't yield anything.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally think almost all the posts were about explaining how CE works. I couldn't find anything about possibilities we can have through offline/online collaboration. I was also expecting every post to explain why we call ourselves 'crazy' and also why 'crazy' and 'engineering' mix works well.

I was bit disappointed to see that most of the post resembled each other.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh! yes Biggie, we missed that offline/online colloboration point.

I said about the word CRAZY;-)
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    I personally think almost all the posts were about explaining how CE works. I couldn't find anything about possibilities we can have through offline/online collaboration. I was also expecting every post to explain why we call ourselves 'crazy' and also why 'crazy' and 'engineering' mix works well.

I was bit disappointed to see that most of the post resembled each other.
    I never tried to explain how ce works. OFFLINE/ONLINE COLLABORATION -- how can i know what you want to see in the blog๐Ÿ˜€. I do stressed on the crazy engineer concept on the first few lines.
    What I saw in most of the blog that they were just saying what we have in CE & what we offer. I thought its not important to say what we offer but how we score higher than others.
    At the end of the day, what judges want matters the most though one is right or wrong!

I have suggestion for the resemblance problem -- announce the competition much earlier & give a specific time slot of say 1hr or 1/2 hr to submit the links instead of open submission for entire week. I didn't like the concept of open submission of entire week.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I second that time slot thing, in that way all the entires will eb closed till they are judged
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course, I was just giving pointers about what could have been included. ๐Ÿ˜€ In a way, its true to say that what judges want. But what impresses the judges more is something that they didn't expect - and is creative and what others didn't do. I hope most of us agree that there is no right or wrong in such competition.

I guess the judgement should be crowdsourced from next competition onwards. That is judges will select top 7-8 entries and then the winners (top 3) will be chosen through public voting. Does that sound good?

I have suggestion for the resemblance problem -- announce the competition much earlier & give a specific time slot of say 1hr or 1/2 hr to submit the links instead of open submission for entire week. I didn't like the concept of open submission of entire week.
    ...and I thought otherwise. If we just open the submissions for just 1-2 hours; it might not be possible for all the contestants to login during that time slot to submit the link. One way to achieve this is to accept the entries through email.

Also, I thought open submission will help in avoiding the resemblance of the posts. As a contestant, if I see a post describing how CE works and what it offers, I'd try to come up with something new.

Thanks for the feedback. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course, I was just giving pointers about what could have been included. ๐Ÿ˜€ In a way, its true to say that what judges want. But what impresses the judges more is something that they didn't expect - and is creative and what others didn't do. I hope most of us agree that there is no right or wrong in such competition.

I guess the judgement should be crowdsourced from next competition onwards. That is judges will select top 7-8 entries and then the winners (top 3) will be chosen through public voting. Does that sound good?

...and I thought otherwise. If we just open the submissions for just 1-2 hours; it might not be possible for all the contestants to login during that time slot to submit the link. One way to achieve this is to accept the entries through email.

Also, I thought open submission will help in avoiding the resemblance of the posts. As a contestant, if I see a post describing how CE works and what it offers, I'd try to come up with something new.

Thanks for the feedback. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Addendum:

From the announcement:
    We'll pick up the best post [depending upon content, presentation & style of writing] and the post author will win a cash prize of $100
    I hope it was clear that the 'presentation' does not indicate power point /flash presentation. It simply means the way the content is presented with pictures,videos,slideshows, audio - whatever.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    that sounds cool! but it may lead to partiality as elder members will get more vote as they are more popular.
    It will also encourage illegal activities, what if I create 100 username in one night & made to vote myself.
    In the circumstance present system is better.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    vik001ind
    that sounds cool! but it may lead to partiality as elder members will get more vote as they are more popular.
    It will also encourage illegal activities, what if I create 100 username in one night & made to vote myself.
    In the circumstance present system is better.
    Healthey discussion, must say...

@ Dear Vik - I agree it may be an unfair game to newer members as older members are more popular. That's why final verdict / judgment should remain with the Judges only.

@ Biggi - I second vik on second point. I know we have mechanism to catch illegal attempts, if more then one user are created from one machine / proxy (catch the ip technique) CE logs can catch that out. However, it would be a tougher / time consuming task and would encourage some members to play tricks.

Finally, my two cents are:
    In any competition all the participants thinks that they should win. At the end of the day, only one can win the competition. The judgment of that one should always remain with a panel of judges only.

Also, for any competition entries shouldnโ€™t be reveled to public before end date, it may give a benefit of doubt to late submitters.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: One cannot create 100 usernames overnight. Of course, if you have the patience to create each account manually. Scripts cannot be used to create accounts and each account needs manual activation.

Even if someone creates it; we can easily detect fraud.

Let's discuss this in another thread in Feedback section [I'm starting a new thread].
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Congratulations Crazy Boy. Well done to the other contestants.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    ok...How the judges evaluated this contest
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    csiscool
    k...How the judges evaluated this contest
    Criteria has been mentioned in the contest announcement.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    well though it may be true that there is resemblance in the posts but i think that is more due to the topic being one rather than being a copy of one another.
    It's like you will find hundreds of reviews on a particular movie. They will have same content but diff style of writing ๐Ÿ˜›. Few things cant be helped but i think more people could have posted.
    Also posts depend on what kind of blog the person writes in. A tech related blog will be writing more of a formal review while a personal blog can be more dramatic and emotional in their posting. I believe everyone tried what they could . There's always a scope for improvement though.
    Getting link entries through email is a better option. If there are same thoughts in different posts then fine. If CE is good then it is good. One cant blame hundred of people for supporting that fact ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    congrats CB you deserves ๐Ÿ˜€. others guys has also wrote well .
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Congrats CB,Gaurav,Sahithi,optimistix!!!
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    congratulation CB,Gaurav,Sahithi,optimistix

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I saw all the links submitted here... All are nice..everybody spent time and efforts, why dont you give the T-shirts at least , to all who did not received the...
I received following email from ISRO -- Dear Bhuvan User, At the outset, we thank you for your keen interest in exploring ISRO's Geoportal - Bhuvan. During the initial launch...
Well folks, the next Earth Hour is coming soon. For those not in the know, at 8:30pm on March 27th, we switch off our lights for a hour to "vote"...
hi in a common emitter bipolar junction transistor when the forward bias voltage across the emitter base junction is increased (after the cut in voltage ) the depletion region across...
MailBrowser Beta Size: 3735 KB Manage contacts, attachments, and other details in Gmail with MailBrowser. Available for Firefox and IE, this add-on reveals information about each contact, integrates with Google...