Can something that was shown in movie "Matrix" be made possible?

Guys few months ago .I watched the movie Matrix.I liked the movie to such an extent that i watched all the 3 parts in one single day.

These days i have a subject which is based on artificial intelligence , here we are taught that here we put some facts,knowledge into system ,based on that, system outputs the results.I was interrelating this artificial intelligence concept with that movie?

what do you think can one day the things that was shown in that movie is possible?

and Is artificial intelligence based on these facts only that we put in system or there is something beyond that ?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Re: Can something that was shown in movie "Matrix" be possible?

I too liked the movie. Obviously it was a work of fiction but i think its not impossible, at least not every part. Some parts were too much realistic like making back doors for programmers and spreading the virus etc. I dont think that any system can go beyond the facts we put in it. It can only take decision based on the data already present in it.

Anyways it was a good movie and making a movie like that back in 1999 is really an awesome task.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

Yeah
    Like can we learn kungfu by just feeding data into individual mind as shown in movie

It's a great example of artificial intelligence .

What do you think to what extent can we increase artificial intelligence?

Is it possible to have robots in future that can think on their own?
  • Pensu
    Pensu

I guess thinking is completely a human virtue. I mean our decisions are based on situations and there is a lot of emotional involvement in that. Sometimes humans have tendency to take a risk to gain a big profit, thats something a code cant teach until you are in a movie....😉. You can teach what to do when you spill tea on someone, but you cant teach how to console someone in grief.

Obviously nothing is impossible and there is a scope of improvement every time. But this cant happen like matrix or terminator.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

no other response from anyone else

is there any one here who is interested in subject named "artificial intelligence"?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

guys nowdays revealing names of indians who have black money deposited in their swiss bank accounts is a hot issue. I think UPA is doing everything to bring back the...
There are many freelancers in India who earn descent income via Paypal - the top way to transfer money online. However, RBI has imposed new guidelines that will now make...
Hello everybuddy, I am in 6th sem electronics.. I am beginner at VHDL and I like working on it.. I want to be in research field.. I want to do...
Hello, I'm new in RFID and don't know how to make RFID reader read. Can you help me ? How to RFID reader read with freerunning mode from ATMega8's command...
is there any use of dc machine whether dc motor or dc generator?? traction use is overtake by wound rotor IM or SCIM speed control as they have most fine...