Can A Committee Take A Decision?

I've always believed that decisions are taken by single person. However, often seen in corporate world, committees or 'focus groups' are setup to take decisions. In my experience a group can never arrive at a decision and best decisions are taken by a well-informed person with access to facts.

What's your take on this?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    yes biggie you are right in a group we have different people with different mind sets so they can't agree with a single decision
    so in my view a single person have to take decision even a committee has involved in it
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes Biggie, whenever I sit for designing, I am unable to make up with other person. Because most of the time either one of the person is making nuiscence.

Best way is that each person takes decision (design) independently and then to take opinions from other team members.

What is your take on this people?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As I mentioned in another place, Sir C.V.Raman apparently used to write the minutes of the meeting BEFORE the meeting and conduct it according to the minutes.

A UN rep once told about such meetings:
    'It is like elephants making love. Everything happens at a high level. A lot of noise and dust is generated. You have to wait ages for results.'

I sit quietly and doodle or create a mind map in such meetings. I prewrite my short comments and present them if asked.

If the items on the agenda are important I inform key players in advance about my views and let them handle the agenda.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'd like CEans to contribute the best project ideas they've come across the best project ideas across various engineering disciplines in your college. Just post the information that you have...
CEans, I'm sure all of us will agree that we need to improve the number of quality discussions on CE Forums. Creating more quality discussions is the ONLY way we...
HINT : related to food
Hey folks I got two question that's been bugging me for some time now. First one is why these Deemed Universities and State Private Universities bragged that they dont need...
The history of E3began with its creation in 1995 and has continued through the latest expo in 2011. The conference was known as the Electronic Entertainment Expo from 1995 to...