Black Oil Spill Firefox Plugin

The circulation of the hot news about thousands of gallons of oil escaping the wellhead and its effect on the Louisiana's shores since early in the incident, affecting more than 100 miles of coastline, including environmentally sensitive wetlands and wildlife, is creating a stir among the netizens.
All the efforts to seal the well about 5,000 feet under the surface have failed. BP (British Petroleum) engineers are still working to cap the well.
In response to this, Creative agency Jess3 has developed a Firefox plugin that aims to black out all mentions of BP (British Petroleum) across the web.

#-Link-Snipped-#It is an add-on for Firefox that blacks out certain phrases associated with the BP Gulf Oil Spill (for instance, all of those last 4 words) with a smudge of black oil.
The plug-in is available for free download at https://jess3.com/oil/

Last week there was one more such news about a Firefox plugin and an application called “Shaved Beiber” where all the occurrences of the teen-age singer Justin Beiber’s name could get removed.

To which Greg Leuch, the 25-year-old creator of that plugin, after receiving hateful mails from thousands of Beiber fans, clarified on CTV saying, "I wouldn't call myself a fan but I don't necessarily hate him and hopefully by doing this interview I'm going on the record straight, saying 'oops, sorry, and don't hate me."

What do you think about this? Is the creation and circulation of such plug-ins acceptable?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally, after conquering the moon; humans are all set to land on the Mars. A team comprising of a frenchman, a chinese and italian will join the three russians in...
Zhong Lin Wang and his team at Georgia Institute Of Technology had demonstrated that Zinc Oxide Nanowires showed the Piezoelectric Effect and can be used to generate electricity. The team...
Adobe has reported a serious vulnerability in its Flash Player and Adobe Reader and Acrobat products. It says this defect could let attackers take control of people's computers. The short-coming...
In today’s education and research scenario should the students be permitted to take up courses outside their field of study? As the sciences and social sciences break the fetters of...
Carol Bartz CEO, Yahoo! asks Techcrunch’s Arrington to F*** Off! Last month, Yahoo! has shown that it has a strong backbone of its own. After facing so much flak from...