Yahoo tells techcrunch to f*** off :)

Carol Bartz CEO, Yahoo! asks Techcrunch’s Arrington to F*** Off! Last month, Yahoo! has shown that it has a strong backbone of its own. After facing so much flak from shareholders, tech bloggers and the business community, Jerry Yang was replaced by Carol Bartz in January of 2009. Ever since Carol Bartz has been manning the helm at Yahoo! and doing a good job of it. In an interview with tech blogger Michael Arrington at Techcrunch Disrupt, when Carol Bartz was provoked enough about Yahoo!'s business model of conglomeration, Carol Bartz responded with much criticism to Arrington and his well known blog Techcrunch. She said to Arrington – “you are involved in a very tiny company”. If you want to see the interview video footage for yourself, check the embedded Youtube video below - I like the way in which Carol has handled this situation. Not only has she sent out a strong message to the blogosphere that Yahoo! is not to be trifled with, but also she has won the loyalty of the “fine people at Yahoo!”. Needless to say Techcrunch came out with the transcript of the interview and a very detailed write-up, you can read all of it here. Deservingly, Carol won the support of the blogger community, including Guy Kawasaki. Personally speaking I haven’t been following Yahoo! for quite some time. Not because of an inferior product (you should check out their Maps and Yahoo Pipes), but rather because most of my work is organized around Google 😀 After this post, my respect for Yahoo!’s CEO has definitely gone up.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

URL shortening is a technique on the World Wide Web where a provider makes a web page available under a very short URL in addition to the original address. Un-shortened...
On June 07, 2010 Apple changed the world (in their own words, of course) by introducing company's latest iPhone 4. Despite the infamous leaks to the press, Steve Jobs managed...
In a blog post, Google's engineer Carrie Grimes mentioned that the Google's latest upgrade to its search engine program is ready. Google calls it 'Caffeine'. In order to understand the...
CEans, We told you our VoiCE is louder. Those who listened to it now have a chance to win a T-Shirt. We are looking for ideas / topics that you...
India is a land of opportunities these days. The last decade saw lot of new technology companies letting their baby cry out and then biting dust as well. Delving deep...