AutoHotKey to speed up your daily computing

Few days ago I build a new PC and wondering to get a keyboard with media-keys or not. Finally I got a plain Logitech keyboard.
Then while searching to configure unused keys like F11,F12,Pause/break , PgUp/PgDn.
I found this awesome utility #-Link-Snipped-# .
This is really simple utility to configure any key or combination of key to do the job. Just need to run this software--> add a simple script which will run in background and every thing is done.
Even while programming we need to write few set of words again and again. like
public static void main() or System.out.println("");
just configure it once and type sop followed by space and it will write full text automatically.
Here is #-Link-Snipped-#.

edit: here is a simple script I am using:
just save as .ahk file and run it after installing AutoHotKey
PgUp::Send {Volume_Up 3}
PgDn::Send {Volume_Down 3}
Break::Send {Media_Play_Pause}
F12::Send {Media_Next}
F11::Send {Media_Prev}
return
/*Shortcut for quick shutdown and hibernate*/
#S::
Run, "C:\Users\ANOOP\ForceShutdown"
return

#H::
Run, "C:\Users\ANOOP\HibernateQuick"
return

/*a simple program to turn monitor off*/
^L::
Run, "E:\Software\Microsoft\TurnOffLCD.exe"

/*using abbreviations    */
::btw::by the way

::sop::System.out.println("");

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I stumbled upon DrJava which is a simple Java development environment for students. DrJava seems to be quite popular development environment for students and has reached over a million downloads...
The wave of IT jobs started sometime around the end of the last century and has lasted for a long time. IT jobs became a rage in India and engineers...
Well, there are plenty of posts in "entrepreneurship" section that I would like to access anytime I want, I hate searching 'em again & again. So, how about having an...
Hello all, i want to interface a bluetooth module with lpc 2148. i am much familiar with c programing with lpc 2148. but dont know anything about bluetooth n AT...
i want to join in mtech in private college so i want the latest fee structure to mtech......?