Auto rs422 switch

Hello Everyone.

First let me say that I am not an engineer of any kind. I know a little about electronics. I have a project I would like to build. I have 4 different types of controllers that use RS422. All 4 controllers have their own place and purpose. They all control PTZ security cameras. What I am looking for or want to build is a device that will auto switch from one controller to another when a signal come in to it. I can't use a manual switch because no one will not be by it to make the switch. I have seen switches that have 1 device in and multi devices out but not the other way around. Is this even feasible? If feasible, would it be difficult to design and build using discrete components or AVR micro-controller (single sided board).

Thank you in advance.

Dennis

nemocam.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The U.S. economy is still reeling under the impact of recession and even though unemployment continues to rise, employers have stepped up the hiring of skilled workers from abroad, according...
A new study has revealed that graduates in the U.S. are increasingly showing interest in business and entrepreneurship. The study called 'Trends in Business Interest Among U.S. College Students' is...
Gmail Notifier 1.1.217 Size:- 292.00 KB The Gmail Notifier is a application that alerts you when you recive a new Gmail message The Gmail Notifier is a downloadable Windows application...
can anyone suggest me useful project topics in power electronics,applications oriented,power systems.
What is the difference between synthesis and simulation? I am asking in context to VHDL hardware modeling programming Is there anything behavioral or functional simulation also? 😕