Augmented Reality: PopCode

Simon Taylor and Connell Gauld (Cambridge University researchers) have formed a company called Extra Reality (Website: #-Link-Snipped-#) to commercialize the technology that has developed a system that allows a user to upload virtual content to a mobile phone using a technique called Augmented Reality (AR).
Their first product, Popcode, is a two-dimensional logo which, when scanned with the camera in a mobile phone, allows 3D models, animations, and interactive elements to be displayed on the phone.

Each small Popcode logo contains a unique ID which is associated with specific Augmented Reality content.
When an application on the phone recognizes the Popcode it downloads the related content from the internet and displays it to the user.
See the Popcode Official website at #-Link-Snipped-#

Some of the ideas include augmented business cards that can be updated over the internet and adding interactivity to static maps such as those displayed in cities.
Taylor said: ’A developer kit available at our web site contains examples and documentation so developers can get started working with Popcode, and we’ll be happy to help out with any problems people come across through our forums.’

See this video that demonstrates how Augmented Reality could be used to make flat-pack furniture instructions easy to understand. Have a look:
[video=youtube;PVb5jPr-VuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PVb5jPr-VuI#![/video]

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to edit the circuit in pendrive. I ve to give low signal to the write protection pin in Nand flash ic present in pendrive... but its not like adding....
Hi, There are certain definite set of rules, mathematical expressions to analyze deterministic signals! But how to analyze Random signals?😕
this is the place to discuss about our preparations. lets start from the very basics of electronics i.e. the semiconductors. starting with the diodes i think we should know all...
The Delhi based Zen mobiles is going bullish over the Indian mobile markets. The company's already got Mr. Amitabh Bachchan as their brand ambassador and recently introduced the TV enabled...
Zen mobile's Z-90, the phone that makes impression on others just by its looks is available in India for Rs. 5900/-. Let's take a look at its features and find...