Android 4.2 Photo Sphere Camera Feature Explained

Android 4.2 has been announced and it comes with 'Photo Sphere Camera'. Android OS was missing the photo stitching feature for a long time and decided to make it a native feature in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Some of the smartphone makers like Samsung had already introduced the feature through their customised firmwares but now, Android 4.2 makes this feature more advanced.

The Photo Sphere Camera not only stitches horizontal photos - to get a panorama; it also stitches photos vertically. You don't have to go on clicking photos one after the other. Instead, you just have to click the camera button once and the move your camera throughout the scene that you want to capture as a panorama. The internal algorithm will quickly determine when it needs to click the shutter and will do it automatically for you.

The new Android 4.2 feature can even stitch photos taken from multiple angles. If anyone gets the firmware upgrade anytime soon - I'll request you to post the sample photographs. Think of this new feature as an extension of the 'panorama' feature.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just used sphere camera on my Galaxy s2 and it very innovative ......(I hope apple will not sue Google on this😛 ).
    If any have rooted phone try flashable zip from this #-Link-Snipped-#
    Photos only can be viewed by sphere gallery only.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm going to wait until they release the firmware officially. Don't want to mess up with my phone yet. If something goes wrong, I can't afford to spend time fixing it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    I'm going to wait until they release the firmware officially. Don't want to mess up with my phone yet. If something goes wrong, I can't afford to spend time fixing it.
    Believe me , everyone thinks by this way only,
    before rooting and flashing new ROM on a Android device😉
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Here is one snap I have taken with sphere camera (ported on galaxy SII with some bugs)
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Took around 12-25 photos to stitch together.
    Click on sphere icon to view in sphere mode. you can zoom in and pan the picture.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think Android 4.2 is taking on iOS heads on. If you own an iPad with all custom settings; you can't easily share it with another user; because there's no...
Hey guys just as we are discussing on the effects of Sandy in America we left the one in our own country https://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/cyclone-nilam-to-hit-tamil-nadu-at-100-kmph-286262 This tells detail statistics of Cyclone Nilam...
What exactly are they? can some one tell in detail about Malware and stuff like that https://www.crazyengineers.com/skype-affected-by-malware-in-india-5091/ This sparked me to know more how will I be able to know...
What are the functions of the poles in an induction motor and how does increasing/decreasing their number change the operational characteristics of the motor?