Amazon's Phone To Have 3D Display - Will This Be A Winner?

The e-commerce giant has made its mark in the gadget market with the success of Kindle but if sources are to believed, it has more ambitious projects in the making. The upcoming list includes two smartphones and an audio-streaming device for the consumer market. One of the two smartphones is expected to be a high-end product featuring a screen which is capable of rendering three-dimensional images without glasses. Retina-tracking is used to make the images from the screen appear to be floating in space like a hologram. The technology supports three-dimensional viewing from all angles. In fact, the users might be able to navigate through content using their eye movements alone.

slide

Among other things, Amazon is also developing a set-top box for streaming movies and TV shows as the company continues to dive deeper into hardware manufacturing. Amazon is sure to face stiff competition from Apple and Samsung in the smartphone market but if done right, the 3D display might just be a revolutionary breakthrough for them.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I don't want to sound skeptical, but we have had a couple of 3D phones in the market that failed to ignite interest. The Nintendo 3DS was sort of cool for a few minutes but you can't really use it for long. You have to keep your head aligned with the screen at just the right position.

And who would want to check their email or sms in 3D? - Or maybe I am overlooking something significant.

For Amazon, I think this move away from its Kindle range of tablets to smartphones would be a logical progression. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Memories are quite important to us, and having them stored away digitally has been a boon given to us by technology. Having a backup of all memories in our head...
With the extraordinary research going on in Artificial Intelligence, the human race ain't far away from having a world filled with robots doing almost all our chores. We already have...
One year ago, a smart Chinese fellow from ZTE making an ultra-realistic Iron Man Mark I suit with LED bulbs. Today, it’s believed to be the same person who made...
Sheer delight can come in so many different forms, big and small! Nokia's Lumia 928, the proudly called "world’s most innovative smartphone", is now available exclusively on Verizon Wireless. This...
Ford EcoSport - one of the most awaited SUVs in India this year would go open for booking in June. I've been following this car since the company announced that...