Amazon In India: Infibeam Acquisition Likely?

Folks at Pluggd.in broke out news today that Amazon - world's biggest online retailer is now entering in India and they are likely to partner with an existing ecommerce portal. Earlier, Amazon was in talks with Flipkart for their acquisition and one of the founders of Flipkart was in US for a long period of time to negotiate with Amazon. However, the talks fell apart after Flipkart asked for a very high buyout price. It's being said that Amazon is likely to acquire Infibeam - another startup in the same domain.

Overall, that's a great news for online buyers and sellers. What are your views on Amazon entering India?

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    that sure will help the online purchasers a lot as they will get better access to products and services. Similar thing happened with Ebay's buyout of Bazee.com. I guess this is a very good news.

Among flipkart and infibeam, I found flipkart better for their overall good services though Infibeam definitely does give it a good competition. Waiting for more information on this 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, flipkart has a better service and their products reach before time. I've had a problem with one of the shipments and their customer care resolved it quickly.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Yeah..Agree with you two.Infibeam products reach little longer but if you compared prices of some books then they are really cheap on infi than flipkart.After few days you will find the price on both the sites same.Magic Box is another nice feature of infibeam.They offer pretty decent variety of things.I mean the sections/categories of products on the website.Within the categories that flipkart offer,it is no doubt that flipkart have more variety.Also infibeam does not allow you to buy more than 4-5 copies of single item in a single buy.I noticed it 2-3 times for books.I think they don't have that much in their inventory.Although on flipkart you can buy any quantity.At least you can place order for those.They send is as soon as they got it.
    And about the customer care I have pretty bad experience for flipkart.I specifically told them to send me the parcels through a particular courier company because I am very happy with their service.They said me that your preference for the courier company is saved and all the further parcels will be sent to you by that courier company only.And when I placed order again they sent it through different courier company and it took exactly 29 days for a book to reach my house.In between I mailed them infinite times and called daily.they just say "Sorry for your inconvenience.Highest priority is given to your order.".😲
    But it works in the other way too.Yesterday I placed an order at 1:30 afternoon.At night they mailed me that your order is sent.And today at 12:30 i got my book.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all servers currently running Snow Leopard Server. This update includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for: properly displaying videos in...
Samsung recently released KIES software of Mac OSX which now supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The new version is ver.1.0.0.11062_33 and it can be downloaded from the following link -...
Hello i m swapnil m in final year i have to submit the final year project so please suggest me some good topics to sreate project in java thank u...
consider a very simple circuit consisting of resistor and a dc voltage source. How do electrons move in the wire(connecting resistor and source) when there is no potential difference across...
Hello Everyone I am a student of ECE and am making a clap switch project with this circuit.Electronics for You-Circuit Lab- Free and tested circuit diagrams-Clap Switch I have completed...