"Ahimsa" or "NonViolence" Is it still powerful in this current situation ?

The word "Ahimsa"(not to harm), Is one of the most powerful word during Mr.Gandhi's period. But now, It is still powerful?

Fasting activities done by many protestors against black money, Haven't found any results till now. Is this delay because we are going in Ahimsa?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Most of Gandhi's principles don't seem to work nowadays. people are materialistic and have no value for each other.

the attitude is like "if you fast, you will hurt your own stomach. i am not affected in any way".
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    Most of Gandhi's principles don't seem to work nowadays. people are materialistic and have no value for each other.

the attitude is like "if you fast, you will hurt your own stomach. i am not affected in any way".
    What about Anna's team? Is it waste?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I dug following thread from CE's archives: #-Link-Snipped-# . But we can have this as a fresh topic.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    aarthivg
    What about Anna's team? Is it waste?

Seems so. Do you know what the provisions of the lokpal bill were ? They were as "if according to the complaints of a common man, a government officer is found guilty, then he will be imprisoned for six months, but if not guilty then the commoner will be imprisoned for five years".

this sounds just like a very sick joke to mock at Anna's fastings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I see some growing interest in organising a CrazyEngineers meet in Chennai. I request all CEans from Chennai (and those who can attend a meet in Chennai) to join in...
Anyone knows about any api provided by Indian Railway through which i can get train paths and their current locations?
hiiii......... feeling great to be a part i am a cse 4th yr student i loved the idea of having some way to get rid of memorizing so many user...
other than scanning,finger prints,key,eyes,voice...........for the security we can use heart beat ? if there is any other new idea for the security
Name:Iswarya *Engineering Trade:BE-CSE Location:Madurai *Occupation:Student *Aim in life:want to be a project team leader *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I need 2 clear my doubts and help for my projects