aherk - the app that lets you blackmail yourself (for a reason)

Aherk lets you blackmail yourself till a deadline that you set for yourself. The concept is pretty interesting and I think it does work. Here's how it operates -

1. You provide Aherk with an embarassing photograph of yours which if you show to your friends would earn you embarrassment.

2. You then setup a deadline for a task that you want to achieve (something that you're not willing to do, but should do; or something you've been procrastinating for long time etc.)

3. You then provide aherk with your Facebook crednetials and ability to post stuff on your Facebook wall.

4. If you complete the the task within the deadline, aherk will post about your accomplishment on your Facebook timeline.

if you fail, Aherk will post the photograph to your facebook wall causing you embarrassment.

Don't ask me why would people do that. But from my own experience, there are people who basically need an external kick to set them into action. Aherk just does that.

What do you think?

Give it a try: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Haha. This is indeed a nice concept, could be useful when we threat someone else from our smartphone to complete a certain task. This would be a great app for our moms.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Delhi, Jammu and part of North India again felt tremors at 12: 30 pm. Hopefully not much damage. Though these tremors were not very strong, as epicenter was not in...
A Boy and His Atom has entered the book of Guinness World Records for being the world's 'smallest movie', made with atoms. The movie features thousands of atoms that 'act'...
Germans take the roads seriously - and have developed a new high-speed laser scanning technology to survey the roads for evenness & overall quality. Research engineers at Fraunhofer Institute For...
Have any one used new QTP version 11.5 that is also named as UFT 11.5? Sometime back, HP released the long awaited new version of QTP which is now called...
is there any indian standard or code for lock out tag out procedures? there is a mention in the indian electricity rules and also somewhere in the factories act but...