Aeronautical engineering vs Electronics engineering

hello friends,

recently I was going through the qualifications that are required for a post that was recruiting aeronautical(electronics) engineers(as written in their bulletin). When I got into the details of the syllabus of the examination I found that I too have a fairly good understanding of all the subjects and topics that were there in the syllabus. The topics included 'electrical networks' from EEE branch, ''engineering graphics' from mechanical branch and like that other subjects(topics) too. Majority of the subjects were from the electronics and communication branch itself.

My question if: because I am pursuing my career as an electronics and communication engineer am I eligible to apply for such posts. Remember that there was not a single topic that I have not learnt in my b-tech course uptil now(currently I am in the third year)..

the word electronics in the parenthesis after the word aeronautical surprises and makes me grow a bit anxious....

Please widen my horizon by explaining if there is a difference in the aeronautics(electronics) and electronics and communication engineering altogether

Replies

• G.D
    G.D
    hi,
    in aeronautical there are 2 streams
    1) Aero-mechanical[deals with engines, aeroplane body, aerodynamics etc.]
    2) Avionics[fairly equal to aeronautics(electronics)].
    in avionics they have communication as well as various systems incorporated inside airplane(fuel sys; hydraulic sys etc)
    it is just that you study overall view and they have a specialized part(concentrated on aeroplane).
    So, in aviation they are preferred.
    but for the core communication research, none other than YOU are required.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, when we take out any simcard we find the brand logo on it(like airtel etc). below that we often see 64k written somewhere at the bottom. What does this...
i like to do a mini project with piezo electric crystals for project exhibition. Could anyone suggest me a gud topic?
R.I.P Tony Greig. AMUL's Tribute to Tony Greig- England captain turned commentator.. The_Big_K
When a transformer winding suffers a short circuit, the adjoining turns of the same winding experience which force, is it repulsive or attractive?
Is there any easy trick trace to Tower of Hanoi problem manually? (for 4 and 5 disks)