A puzzle a day..! :)

There are 4 mathematicians - Brahma, Sachin, Prashant and Nakul - having lunch in a hotel. Suddenly, Brahma thinks of 2 integer numbers greater than 1 and says, "The sum of the numbers is..." and he whispers the sum to Sachin. Then he says, "The product of the numbers is..." and he whispers the product to Prashant. After that following conversation takes place :
Sachin : Prashant, I don't think that we know the numbers.
Prashant : Aha!, now I know the numbers.
Sachin : Oh, now I also know the numbers.
Nakul : Now, I also know the numbers.
โ€‹
What are the numbers?โ€‹
try this..! please do not check google or MSN or somewhere fr answers..! its worthless to search..! instead think..! pls..!

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Old puzzle that was asked on CE way back and no-one could find an answer.

#-Link-Snipped-#

That time we were confused that whether the answer is 3,8 or 4,13

๐Ÿ˜”

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    - answer please; for the old puzzle asked way back in 2008.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    vinod1993
    Sachin : Prashant, I don't think that we know the numbers.โ€‹
    โ€‹
    - Implies that the Sum is greater than 6.... Right ??? If it is 5 or 4 then he would have guessed the numbers as 2,3 and 2,2 respectively.โ€‹
    โ€‹
    vinod1993
    Prashant : Aha!, now I know the numbers.
    - Implies that the Product is unique i.e., If X is the product(which he knows), then it can be obtained only by a*b or b*a. So, he gets to know, what a and b are..... Right???

Ex: If X is 91, then the numbers are 13 and 7 only.

vinod1993
    Sachin : Oh, now I also know the numbers.
    - Based on Prashant's statement, Sachin would have known that the Product was Unique. Since he knows the Sum, there would be only one combo which yields that X.

Ex: If sum is 18, then only 11 and 7 will yield a unique X which is 77. S he gets to know the numbers.

vinod1993
    Nakul : Now, I also know the numbers.
    I am seriously not able to figure out, how he will get to know!!!!!!

vinod1993
    What are the numbers?
    I really don't know.

vinod1993
    please do not check google or MSN or somewhere fr answers..! its worthless to search..! instead think..! pls..!
    I would never do that!! no fun, If any of us does that!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    good to knw that u dnt search fr answers....! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PS: The Firstpost article on cows as fees used in the comic can be seen here. Also - 25th comic. Little milestone. Yay ๐Ÿ˜€
CISCO is all set to lay off 1,300+ associates, after stating that growing economic conditions and uncertainty is making it tougher to retain the associates by balancing the profits. Per...
Have you ever used enterprise social networks? If yes, you must have heard of Yammer; Mr Sacks (Also, the founder of Pay Pal) has Launched Yammer in 2008 and it...
is there is any idea to utilize the heat from the hot combusted gas coming out from aircraft engine
can anyone suggest me some new ideas to conduct technical events in my college......๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹