A Device makes Broadband Internet 50 times faster.

A device similar to the modem named as KIWI, if it once connected to the existing broadband wiring which makes the broadband connection 50 times faster at no extra cost.this device is manufactured by a company in NEW ZEALAND.

For more details see this link:-#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    the article says to avoid re-wiring the house with optical fibre??? I thought optical fibre is just the back bone. As well, for any device to function with that speed, both the end(upstream and downstream) should be compatible with such speeds. Say current speed is 100Mbps , 50times of it is 5000Mbps???

I really want to know how that device works. I could not see the relevant website.. anyone has any idea?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    addendum - it's 50 % .. not 50 times,

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Durga thanks for correcting....

Actually they apologize for the error in earlier post....now they correct it its actually 50% not 50 times..
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @Durga thanks for correcting....

Actually they apologize for the error in earlier post....now they correct it its actually 50% not 50 times..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    But still, they haven't mentioned how it's gonna improve the speed.. How will it? Any ideas??
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I did find a page on Chorus (telco infrastructure company mentioned in the article) about this device: #-Link-Snipped-#

Doesn't elaborate to much on the functionality, but did leave out "increased" speed. If I was to speculate, speed could have been increased only because subscribers have access to FTTx technology (without having to spend a lot for rewiring). Perhaps in New Zealand, the FTTx packages are 50% faster than the fastest copper DSL technology available that can still be able run in the majority of homes there.

I hope to be wrong, cause I do wish there was some unique engineering involved to boost the speed up 😀
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    true. Not that we are questioning the credibility, but only wishing to know how it is possible when the network ( non FTTx) itslef is a bottle neck.
    I know of a company, which delivered users software updates to increase speed, and that turned out to be turning off the tcp window resizing. :-|,
    Just a wishful thinking that something new has been done!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A brand survey reveals that Google is the most discussed technology brand in India during April-June Quarter.As reported by Economic Times, the other popular tech brand include Apple and Microsoft.A...
how dual power supply is more useful over single power supply in differential amplifier in an op-amp? 😕
HI, There is global variable stored in javascript in the application? It is saved in file adminSys.js? How can i call this file inside my selenium java script and access...
Hi, I am testing a Dojo application. I want to capture DojoDatastore values from Selenium RC using java. How is it possible?
Hi, How can i open 2 browsers at the same time and test within one test script? I want to test concurrency within 2 browsers. I am able to work...