Test 2 browsers(either IE or firefox) concurrently

Hi,
How can i open 2 browsers at the same time and test within one test script?
I want to test concurrency within 2 browsers.
I am able to work as using one browser as IE and other as firefox, how to open both in IE or firefox. I am trying some thing like this:
selenium.open("localhost",4444,"*iexplore",url)
selenium1.open("localhost",4444,"*iexplore",url1)
But only one IE is opening.
but when i use different then it is working fine.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Can you also add some variable which can define the creation time or any other parameter which has a difference in the browser for that browser?

Since you are accessing the same browser with different objects correct?
  • sunram_ram
    sunram_ram
    No! Actually Selenium is still running with 2 different sessions. These 4 are the only parameters that can be passed.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Actually selenium invokes the real browser so that may be the problem I am not very sure of it though.
    Hope you are testing using RC, in that scenario use it in interactive mode.
    If you are using java as language use..

$ java -jar selenium-server.jar -interactive
    cmd=getNewBrowserSession

and open a new instance , hope it works.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know that which is better go on stand by PC or applying screen sever when we are not using PC for short period of time i.e for...
Mobile Developer Summit is for Developers, Platform Vendors, Operators & Carriers and Internet Players As the focus world-wide shifts from App Stores to Developers (some even calling 2010 the Year...
Hello to all you crazy engineers, For the inventors out there, there is a new website called Inpama - Marketplace for your ideas where people can post their patented invention,...
What is difference between signed and unsigned version of application? What is the need of application which are signed?
hi! i'm new here I hope I can learn a lot from this forum 😁