dual power supply in Differsntial amplifier..

how dual power supply is more useful over single power supply in differential amplifier in an op-amp? 😕

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I dont see any particular difference except that in a single supply scenario, both the inputs need to be biased with 1/2 the supply voltage, what that is not needed in the dual supply case.
    😒

-Karthik
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @Karthik- Why 1/2 the supply voltage? Any particular reason? From what we've been taught.....the symmetry of the inputs is required to eliminate the offset voltage. NO specific biasing voltage requirement is mentioned.Pls enlighten.😀
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    rakialias
    how dual power supply is more useful over single power supply in differential amplifier in an op-amp? 😕
    dual supply is used for biasing purpose.
  • Arp
    Arp
    it is used to get the linearity in the system only using the semiconductor so as due to heat(which is always produced by any means and is a cause of non-linearity) we r having 2 power supplies so that +ve energy heat attracted by -ve supply and -ve energy heat extracted by +ve supply and thus we get what we require..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI, There is global variable stored in javascript in the application? It is saved in file adminSys.js? How can i call this file inside my selenium java script and access...
Hi, I am testing a Dojo application. I want to capture DojoDatastore values from Selenium RC using java. How is it possible?
Hi, How can i open 2 browsers at the same time and test within one test script? I want to test concurrency within 2 browsers. I am able to work...
I want to know that which is better go on stand by PC or applying screen sever when we are not using PC for short period of time i.e for...
Mobile Developer Summit is for Developers, Platform Vendors, Operators & Carriers and Internet Players As the focus world-wide shifts from App Stores to Developers (some even calling 2010 the Year...