Zorin is a Linux OS which look and act like either Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2000, Mac OS X or Linux (GN

Here is linux based OS for those who are a bit annoyed with linux type interface.
Using Zorin you can switch your interface between Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2000, Mac OS X or Linux and act like them .
Official website: #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

ISO file size: 1.10 GB
Like ubuntu it can be used as portable OS on CD or flashdrive, Also can be installed along with windows.
It comes with all standard softwares.
According to PC magzine it is four times faster than windows 7.

I am going to try Zorin today. 😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks amazing. But does it have any other advantage than offering a familiar look?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks for sharing this ianoop. Read a little about this and found some advantages.

1. I think it will be great for first-time Linux users. Like ianoop mentioned they won't get annoyed by the different interface.

2. They say it is really fast. It is faster not only than Ubuntu and clocks in at a full four times faster than Windows 7. 😲

@anoop: Have you given it a try? How is your experience?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    superb animations and really fast. and every essential software for general user is embedded Ex. ubuntu didn't come with mkv decoder but zorin have.
    Here is first screenshot. minimizing stat menu
    Screenshot-1
    minimizing and maximizing like mac and when you move any window, it's you are moving jellybean
    here is how terminal looks,
    Screenshot
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I recommend to try this ...
    Just download
    ISO file from #-Link-Snipped-#
    and Live USB creator: Universal USB Installer - Boot from USB | Pen Drive Linux
    Select USB drive and install on it. boot from usb and select to live boot from usb.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am not finding all elements in my ANSYS software............many elements are missing like pipe16 and all 2d elements..........Can anyone give me any solution to this problem.
Update: Thank you for all your questions. This thread is now closed. We'll post an announcement as soon as our Small Talk with Dr. Bhatkar goes live on CE. Dr....
If IDM can speed up downloads , why don't web browsers use the same technology for downloading?
Nokia has just launched the 808 PureView Camera and the most noticeable feature the phone offers is 41 MP camera! First of all, I'm not sure what are people going...
Few days ago, we informed you about the leaked 'Flyte Digital Store' by Flipkart that lets you download DRM free music from the site. The Flyte store is now live...