Write a program to find log of a number without using any inbuilt functions

Few days ago My boss put a deal in front of us to write the above mentioned program and get One Mc Veggie ?

The time given was 8 hrs

I was not able to complete it, can anyone take it

Note:- Please don't look for Google or any external help 😀

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Cant we do it using Log series?? Obviously it wont give exact answer as it needs the limit to infinity, but u can get an approximation. Take a large number as limit and compute the series.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes you can use anything except inbuilt functions
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ok though i am not trying this program now , but i think newton rapson method can be useful in this program , since we need to perform floating point iterations here

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any service or plugin to activate WordPress Feeds which will be operated by WordPress only. No external service will be required. If yes, which service? If we compare,...
I can not seem to get past the introductions. I am retired with a long history in various disciplines of engineering. 1. Pilot USAF 2. Fusing systems for nuclear weapons....
Sir, i am doing ME from a private college . But i wanna crack aieee2012 with good rank. Please guide me what to do?
This is an interesting article I found in MIT open course ware. Majority of the programmers look at LISP as "a weird AI language, with a bizarre syntax full of...
Prezi, the cloud based presentation service had a server breakdown, leaving a lot of users helpless for about 2 hours. Prezi claimed that it managed to bring half of the...