Windows Shortcut Keys Quiz

This quiz is about some of the shortcut keys that were built into the Windows operating systems.

1. You put your mouse on the taskbar and notice that the "show desk" icon is missing from the quick launch bar. What key combination can you use to show your desktop?

• Windows and R

• Windows and D
  • 
Ctrl and Esc

• Shift and Del

2. You are browsing the Internet and working on a term paper on your computer. You find some information you were looking for at thiscoolinfo.com and want to write a few lines in your term paper. You use which of the following key combinations to switch back to your term paper?

• Windows and D

• Alt and Tab

• Shift and Del

• Ctrl and Esc

3. You are looking at stock quotes on the Internet using Internet Explorer and realize that the stock prices have not changed. What key or key combination do you use to refresh your browser?

• Alt and Tab

• F6

• F5
  • 
Ctrl and Alt

4. You are in the library and realize that the computer you are using has the old 101-key keyboard not the 104-key keyboard (the 104 key keyboard has the extra Windows keys on it). Which of the following keys or key combination can you use to bring up the Start?

• F5

• Ctrl and Esc

• F6
  • 
Ctrl and Alt

5. You are surfing the Internet when your friend tells you about a hot new site he has just found. You are not in the mood to have to move your mouse to the top of the browser to click in the address field. What key do you push to highlight the address line in Internet Explorer to allow you to type in hotsite.com to view this new site?

F6

F8

F5

F7

6. You are logging on to your computer and type in your password. You realize that the logon name is not your logon name. What key combination do you use to go back to the logon name to allow you to change it?

• Ctrl and Esc
  • 
Alt and Tab
  • 
Ctrl and Alt
  • 
Shift and Tab

7. You need to add copied text to another document. What key combinations can you use to add the text?

• Both of these
  • 
Shift and Insert
  • 
Ctrl and V

• Neither of these

8. You need to find a file you saved last week for a project that is due. You use which key combination to start the file search function?

• Windows S

• Windows F

• Windows E

• Windows M

9. You decide you want to view your system properties to look at different settings you have selected. You have forgotten what path you need to take using the Start Menu. What key combination can you use to view your system properties?

• Windows and Print Scrn/SysRq

• Windows and S

• Windows and P
  • 
Windows and Pause/Break

10. You want to open Windows Explorer. You know you can go through the Start Menu, then Programs until you find it. You also know you can use your mouse right click button by right-clicking on My Computer on your desktop. What key combination can you use to open Windows Explorer?

• Windows R
  • 
Windows X

• Windows S

• Windows E

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    wow!Thats cool 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    1.Windows+D
    2.Alt+Tab
    3.F5
    4.Ctrl+Esc
    5.F6
    6.Shift and Tab
    7.Ctrl+V
    8.Windows F

9.Windows and Pause/Break
    10.Windows R

See I have now become a computer master.😁
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @ishu :for 7 the answer is both as Shift+insert is same as CTRL+v
    for 10 :windows E
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most answers correct by Ishan. CD has corrected the wrong ones. 😀
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great work AKD. May we have more ques please.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    I had missed this one 😭
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thanks AKD.I knew I was a computer genius 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just trying to get ideas for a project and was wondering what materials i could use to build the body that would attach to a frame like body panels of...
Autmattic - the company behind wordpress, world's most popular blogging software has released the latest version 3.1. I immediately downloaded and installed the software to see what's new. Here's my...
Guys i am facing some problem is configuring postgre in my pc when i tried to connect to my localhost server ,it shows me a error named server didn't accept...
Guys which one will you prefer? democracy or dictatorship? Please also give reasons
Guys, after Egypt and Libya, Greece people are on streets now. Their reasons to do so may be different but does even India need such a thing so as to...