Acrylic or ABS Plastic ??

Just trying to get ideas for a project and was wondering what materials i could use to build the body that would attach to a frame like body panels of a car. I am deciding between ABS plastic or Acylic Sheets. Are these good choices or are there better ones that are cheaper and stronger.

Replies

• 2TALLTARY
    2TALLTARY
    ABS or Delrin are most likely your best bets. They are both good machinable plastics and have great strength and last long. I was trying to build a spoiler out polycarbonate or lexan as it is more commonly know. I got it from #-Link-Snipped-# Try them.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Wuebbs007
    I am deciding between ABS plastic or Acylic Sheets. Are these good choices or are there better ones that are cheaper and stronger.
    If shatter resistance is a concern, you may be better off with fibre reinforced plastic. Prof. Victor Papenek (California Institute of the Arts) suggested Fibre Grass reinforcement to reduce costs.

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Autmattic - the company behind wordpress, world's most popular blogging software has released the latest version 3.1. I immediately downloaded and installed the software to see what's new. Here's my...
Guys i am facing some problem is configuring postgre in my pc when i tried to connect to my localhost server ,it shows me a error named server didn't accept...
Guys which one will you prefer? democracy or dictatorship? Please also give reasons
Guys, after Egypt and Libya, Greece people are on streets now. Their reasons to do so may be different but does even India need such a thing so as to...
can the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver be connected directly to breadboard or shouuld they be connected using wires? i am doing acircuit to detect obstacles using ultrasonic transmitter and receiver.will...