CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Wuebbs007 • 24 Feb, 2011
Just trying to get ideas for a project and was wondering what materials i could use to build the body that would attach to a frame like body panels of a car. I am deciding between ABS plastic or Acylic Sheets. Are these good choices or are there better ones that are cheaper and stronger.
@2TALLTARY • 15 Apr, 2011 ABS or Delrin are most likely your best bets. They are both good machinable plastics and have great strength and last long. I was trying to build a spoiler out polycarbonate or lexan as it is more commonly know. I got it from iplastic. Try them.
@Ramani Aswath • 16 Apr, 2011
Wuebbs007
I am deciding between ABS plastic or Acylic Sheets. Are these good choices or are there better ones that are cheaper and stronger.
If shatter resistance is a concern, you may be better off with fibre reinforced plastic. Prof. Victor Papenek (California Institute of the Arts) suggested Fibre Grass reinforcement to reduce costs.

Bioramani
8.6k views

Related Posts

@Guneet Khanuja · Dec 23, 2014

DoSelect, a comprehensive recruitment tool, enables companies to assess and discover the best talent. DoSelect allows evaluation on a wide range of technologies, and allows teams to perform multi-stage, collaborative...
6.5k views

@Shiyam Sundhar.N · Sep 16, 2012

Hi guys, Can you send list of electrical business with low initial capital?
38.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 20, 2016

A lot of engineering students aspire to become teachers. As some guy wisely said - In India students first become engineering graduates, and then decide what they want from their...
96.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 17, 2015

Yamaha Motors India has announced the launch of its new bike called Yamaha Saluto. The most striking features of the motorcycle include front disc brakes, four new colours (Green, Blue,...
5k views

@zaveri · Jul 6, 2013

Well we all like chocolate, but only when they are freshly taken out from the refrigerator, and present as chilled solid bars. but once they are put in warm places,...
6.1k views